Matt Fannon (Iowa state womens soccer coach) accused of body shaming/ verbal abuse

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Not surprised they lost, what a huge distraction this has been I’m sure.

Yeah I don't think they lost because of this distraction. If you look at their record, they lost because they are not any good. The product on the field says this coach won't last long with this record, Even shorter if these allegations are true. If he was winning, these seem less severe. Like what he is doing is working. However, he is not winning, This might be one where we just wash our hands and get a new coach.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah I don't think they lost because of this distraction. If you look at their record, they lost because they are not any good. The product on the field says this coach won't last long with this record, Even shorter if these allegations are true. If he was winning, these seem less severe. Like what he is doing is working. However, he is not winning, This might be one where we just wash our hands and get a new coach.
It played a role into it. Whether it was big or small it was still something.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So the former players standing up for him hasn't moved the needle for anyone?

I tend to find it rather meaningless one way or another.

If there was mistreatment, it doesn't have to have happened to everyone. Plenty of situations where someone has seemed great to 90% of people while a select few were mistreated. Hell, its a decent reason why a lot of people don't speak out when they are mistreated, because they know a bunch of people will jump to the defense of the person who mistreated them.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
So the former players standing up for him hasn't moved the needle for anyone?
You mean the Full Statement posted by Jennifer Reyes that was supposedly signed by 19 players? Note that there are zero names included at the bottom.

1667422957319.png

Full disclosure, I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent. I believe that we don't know the full story based on the reporting by one single news source and the mixed bag of players coming out both for and against him as a coach.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
You mean the Full Statement posted by Jennifer Reyes that was supposedly signed by 19 players? Note that there are zero names included at the bottom.

View attachment 104907

Full disclosure, I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent. I believe that we don't know the full story based on the reporting by one single news source and the mixed bag of players coming out both for and against him as a coach.
Yeah I wasn't really trying to make a statement with that I was just curious because there were a lot of people in here that were ready to crucify him.

Reactions: psycln11

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Register has another article with allegations from another former ISU player on the record regarding a health condition who also backs up the Wee’s comments

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone