NSCR: Matt Kenseth

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
I saw he is leaving Roush at the end of the year. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will take over. I certainly hope he wasn't forced out because he's a great driver and has been for 10+ years. Early rumblings are he will drive for Joe Gibbs next season. I have no ill will towards Ricky, but I don't believe he's near the driver Kenseth is.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...-kenseth-leave-roush-fenway-racing-end-season

Last edited:

troutslayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 28, 2011
I saw he is leaving Roush at the end of the year. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will take over. I certainly hope he wasn't forced out because he's a great driver and has been for 10+ years. Early rumblings are he will drive for Joe Gibbs next season. I have no ill will towards Ricky, but I don't believe he's near the driver Kenseth is.

Matt Kenseth to leave Roush Fenway Racing at end of season - ESPN

Kenseth is a stand-up guy and a quality driver. Roush's loss. I was at the drivers meeting last June at the Kansas race. We got there well before the meeting started and Matt was sitting with his son in the last row of chairs. He was very accommodating when I asked for his autograph. Very approachable.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I've been reading that Rousch charges obscene amounts to sponsors......hence why Kenseth and other Rouschkateers don't have full-time sponsors. It's insane for the current points leader and 500 winner to not have had a full-time sponsor lined up at least as of earlier this year. Not sure if he'll end up with Gibbs or not, but I imagine there will be a line of owners wanting to snatch him up.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I've been reading that Rousch charges obscene amounts to sponsors......hence why Kenseth and other Rouschkateers don't have full-time sponsors. It's insane for the current points leader and 500 winner to not have had a full-time sponsor lined up at least as of earlier this year. Not sure if he'll end up with Gibbs or not, but I imagine there will be a line of owners wanting to snatch him up.

True, but unfortunately a driver's talent is less than 50% of his marketability to sponsors. Sponsors also want someone personable, approachable, and most importantly, marketable. I like Kenseth but he isn't the most marketable driver out there.

But Kenseth isn't a lone, all but a handful of guys are struggling finding permanent sponsors.

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
Lenders is one of the best guys in the garage , treats his fans better than most and owners love how he takes care of equipment. Roush wouldnt boot him out, I assume it's a personal goal. It would appear Lagano is out at the end of the year.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Lenders is one of the best guys in the garage , treats his fans better than most and owners love how he takes care of equipment. Roush wouldnt boot him out, I assume it's a personal goal. It would appear Lagano is out at the end of the year.

Or the long-rumored 4th Gibbs car.