Matt Thomas vs. Chicago State

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
As president of the Official Matt Thomas Fan Club, it is my duty to note that Matt had another really nice game. 9 points (3-7 shooting, 2-4 from deep), 11 rebounds (holy crap) and 4 assists. 9/11/4 is a great statline for a 6th man, especially a guard. Give Matt minutes and he'll produce.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Yea, count me as official old lady cheerleader in the Matt Thomas Fan Club. Glad he was getting boards, needed them.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Matt will thrive in a scrappy 6th man role this year. I think he and Burton will be co-6th men for conference play.

dshindy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2014
Johnston
What game did you watch? He was not good with the ball in his hands. Stats lie in this case.

I thought he looked fine until he started pressing late to get the double double. Couple nice assists and should have had a couple more.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
Where is my buddy Thomasrickj to tell us again how Matt will never be good ( he has stated that guards do not improve after freshman and sophomore year, only bigs do...), he will not be our 6th man this year(Hallice does everything better than Matt), and he won't start next year....lol, I'm a big Matt supporter and think he has worked really hard to improve his all around game...

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
I thought he looked fine until he started pressing late to get the double double. Couple nice assists and should have had a couple more.
He wasn't pressing to get a double double ( he already had it), he was pressing as he felt immense pressure to be the guy when out there with that lineup ( as Hallice did too once Matt finally went out to get Big Stu some time)...

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
He wasn't pressing to get a double double ( he already had it), he was pressing as he felt immense pressure to be the guy when out there with that lineup ( as Hallice did too once Matt finally went out to get Big Stu some time)...

He never had a double double, but you're right with everything else.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I love how people want more toughness, hustle, grit, dirty work...just not if it's Matt Thomas that is supplying it. He could easily develop in to a Shane Power type of player for us this year and in to next.

dshindy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2014
Johnston

Not sure I'd feel immense pressure when you're up 40 and that lineup won't ever be on the floor during meaningful minutes anyway. Looked to me like he forced a couple shots late...because he had 9 and 11.

HornacekFan1414

Nov 9, 2014
Frisco, TX
He never had a double double, but you're right with everything else.
My bad, in my mind when he got that 10th rebound I thought it was done, but he finished with 9 points....he is just so active and playing a complete game in all 3 games so far ( exhibition included)...listen to his teammates talk about him and you know they respect the hell out of him (and truly believe in him).