Maui Invitational Iowa State Hotel Update/Info from Anthony Travel

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I received an Email from Anthony Travel, Iowa State's Travel Agency,in regards to the upcoming Maui Invitational Package we bought. There is a bunch of info in it but this part about the Current Hotel Strike at the Team Hotel the Maui Aheraton.

"Update on the recent labor strike at the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa:
Anthony Travel and Iowa State are working to collect as much information as possible regarding the current labor strike that has recently affected Sheraton Maui guests. If we anticipate any disruption in hotel services, Maui Invitational tournament directorswill send detailed information to all travelers by Monday, November 12."

At least they are finally acknowledging there might be a problem. Hopefully it gets worked out.

gbjames5

Oct 4, 2017
If you go to tripadvisor and find the Maui Forum page there is a thread there that details the strike and the picket line. Lots of pounding on stuff making all kinds of noise and one star reviews. Something about garbage in the pools. Good luck! Hope they can move you.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
If you go to tripadvisor and find the Maui Forum page there is a thread there that details the strike and the picket line. Lots of pounding on stuff making all kinds of noise and one star reviews. Something about garbage in the pools. Good luck! Hope they can move you.

I think moving 3 groups of teams will be next to impossible. I sent an email and they said they are working on "concessions" from the hotel if the strike is still going on. They better be good. I see a discount coming. But I think we are stuck at the hotel. We will see.....

gbjames5

Oct 4, 2017
I think moving 3 groups of teams will be next to impossible. I sent an email and they said they are working on "concessions" from the hotel if the strike is still going on. They better be good. I see a discount coming. But I think we are stuck at the hotel. We will see.....

That would seem to be the least they could do. You guys paid a lot of money for that package. My wife and I go to Maui every year in January and February and do the condo thing. We pay the same for five weeks that the five day package cost!

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I emailed the Tournament services directly this weekend, mostly regarding the recent rumor that the shuttle will not make stops at the Sheraton. The response I received this morning was:
"Thank you for your email, we are aware of the situation at the Maui Sheraton and are monitoring it closely. We expect to have an official statement from the tournament director later today. Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the meantime."

Note that "later today" will be sometime tonight or tomorrow morning due to the time difference.

Reactions: Jnecker4cy

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
That would seem to be the least they could do. You guys paid a lot of money for that package. My wife and I go to Maui every year in January and February and do the condo thing. We pay the same for five weeks that the five day package cost!
I emailed the Tournament services directly this weekend, mostly regarding the recent rumor that the shuttle will not make stops at the Sheraton. The response I received this morning was:
"Thank you for your email, we are aware of the situation at the Maui Sheraton and are monitoring it closely. We expect to have an official statement from the tournament director later today. Please let us know if you have any additional questions in the meantime."

Note that "later today" will be sometime tonight or tomorrow morning due to the time difference.

I hope so the email I got today says no later than Nov. 12th. We leave the 13th, hope it is sooner.

gbjames5

Oct 4, 2017

I did also see on tripadvisor that the strike in California was settled in some areas and that maybe some progress has been made in the talks in Hawaii - so there's hope. I'm rooting for you guys because you'll have a great time (and deserve it!)

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

I hope so. I think they will have to do something pretty nice considering 5 other schools will have full service hotels that they paid the same price for. They are in a pickle or we will get screwed.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Let us know if you hear anything back today......

Go Cyclones

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I guess I am glad I failed to attain tickets to this after all.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Just the Sheraton (where three teams including the Cyclones & many of their fans are staying). It's specific to them because their employees are striking - it's at multiple Sheraton properties in the US.

Thank you

seiowaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2006
Jester Park
If anyone does decide to cancel or is looking to sell a single game of their ticket package, please let me know. We didn't get tickets, but are still going.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron