Maui Invitational Tickets

jake4state22

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
No clue if a thread has been started for this or not, but was looking into flights for the Maui Invitational. If we do decide to go, we’ll just buy tickets through stubhub, Ticketmaster, etc. Is that even an option? If so, can we buy tickets for a single session, do we have to buy all session passes? Explain it to me like I’m a beginner lol.

Reactions: Cyclad

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Tickets will not be easy to come by if you do not have them before you go. Scarce and expensive. If I were going that far I would want tickets in hand. Only way to get them now is buy a Team package thru Iowa State or an All Tourney Pass thru Maui Invitational. Good luck.

cycloneman42

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Iowa City, IA
Unfortunately the Maui Invitational controls essentially all the tickets. You can't even really buy tickets through the university. The travel packages are through a third party that divvies up the tickets based on donor level. Presumably as a way for the Maui Invitational to also profit off our hotel room sales.

It's frustrating because the packages available are really bad.

Do not go expecting to just pick tickets up down there. Lot's of Iowa State fans did that 4 years ago and were disappointed since there were no tickets available.

I guess even if you have to watch it in a bar, it can't be that bad...you're still in Maui!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last time I was refreshing the page when they had announced right at the time the non travel package tickets opened up.

For reference my confirmation email was August 8 2018 at 3:05pm CT.

• Useful
Reactions: Messi and Cycsk

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Can you buy an all session pass ONLY from Maui Jim, or do you have to take the travel package w it?

I couldnt find JUST the tickets. And i dont want to be at the mercy of their travel pkg.

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
The flights to Maui compared to 2018 when my wife and I went are at a crazy price we bit the bullet and purchased them

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Unfortunately the Maui Invitational controls essentially all the tickets. You can't even really buy tickets through the university. The travel packages are through a third party that divvies up the tickets based on donor level. Presumably as a way for the Maui Invitational to also profit off our hotel room sales.

It's frustrating because the packages available are really bad.

Do not go expecting to just pick tickets up down there. Lot's of Iowa State fans did that 4 years ago and were disappointed since there were no tickets available.

I guess even if you have to watch it in a bar, it can't be that bad...you're still in Maui!
When i went in 2018 i was a bit taken aback by the amount of ISU fans who did no planning on tickets or, even worse, were shocked at the prices ($250/seat)

People- it’s the best college basketball tournament in the country being played in a 2400 seat area filled with wealthy boosters of every team in attendance. It will not be cheap

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Right now tickets are only available with buying a travel package. If tickets only go on sale they will be later this summer. With the teams in this coming year I expect little to no tickets only will be available. Who knows.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Right now tickets are only available with buying a travel package. If tickets only go on sale they will be later this summer. With the teams in this coming year I expect little to no tickets only will be available. Who knows.
last year it was October before ticket only packages went on sale

ill note that the booster only ticket package is the best way to go (IMO) but it's very limited. last year 3 of the teams didnt even have any for sale

Booster Ticket-Only: Due to the high demand for the Tournament travel packages, Kansas, Marquette, and Purdue are sold out and additional inventory is not expected to become available. Limited Booster Ticket-Only packages are available for Gonzaga, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCLA, and Chaminade.

Jnecker4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I went in 2018 and the had a booster package thru ISU. This time the prices was much higher. Want to say it was also a 5 night package I think we had a 4 night last time. Is a great experience, had a blast. Not doing it this time though.

Reactions: Messi

Jdk

Feb 27, 2019
Did the same package in 2018 doing the package this year plus staying additional 2 nights at the resort on west Maui so dang expensive this time, OUCH!!

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Wonder what the 12 month total will be for the diehards starting this football season to go to an isu bowl game this year (assuming we go), Hawaii bball Maui classic, Kansas City bball, potential deep run in the ncaa tourney. And then an Ireland trip. Whew….
I wish I had the time and money to hit them all.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98