Mayweather vs, Guerrero

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The reporter asked him about his next fight and mentioned this kid:

Saúl Ã￾lvarez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have no idea if this Alvarez guy has fought anyone yet, but the kid is young and just killing it.

Canelo's solid. He won a close decision over Austin Trout, who's no slouch. But he's more of a blue-collar slogger with mediocre hand speed and just ok footwork. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mayweather picked him. He chooses his opponents very carefully and basically never steps in with anyone who has a realistic chance of doing damage. He'd overwhelm Canelo with his hand speed and countering the way he does everyone else who's slower than him.

I'd love to see him take on Amir Khan, but doubt he will because Khan can match his hand speed and movement.

I respect Mayweather, obviously a great fighter. But he'll never be remembered as a P4P legend the way he hopes because of the way he's always sidestepped taking on the best while they're in their prime.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Canelo's solid. He won a close decision over Austin Trout, who's no slouch. But he's more of a blue-collar slogger with mediocre hand speed and just ok footwork. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mayweather picked him. He chooses his opponents very carefully and basically never steps in with anyone who has a realistic chance of doing damage. He'd overwhelm Canelo with his hand speed and countering the way he does everyone else who's slower than him.

I'd love to see him take on Amir Khan, but doubt he will because Khan can match his hand speed and movement.

I respect Mayweather, obviously a great fighter. But he'll never be remembered as a P4P legend the way he hopes because of the way he's always sidestepped taking on the best while they're in their prime.

Completely agree about Alvarez. He is one of most fun fighters to watch right now in the fight game, just a slugger but Mayweather is a terrible matchup for him. I hope Canelo doesn't fight him right now.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
It was an alright fight, but Mayweather was never in doubt to win. Guerrero didn't hit him with anything meaningful and threw some half hearted punches while clinched.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Well we know one thing about Mayweather's next hand selected opponent...it won't be anyone who has a chance to beat him.

Thank god every other elite fighter of the past didn't follow the same career path as Floyd...we would have missed tons of legendary fights

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Well we know one thing about Mayweather's next hand selected opponent...it won't be anyone who has a chance to beat him.

Thank god every other elite fighter of the past didn't follow the same career path as Floyd...we would have missed tons of legendary fights
Ya... I'm glad I didn't pay for ppv to see that fight and just stole it online. Also his post-fight interview was absolutely ridiculous. How many times can you work in money team, mgm, showtime, blood sweat tears, "my opponent was not a complete hack."