MBB Departures: First McIntosh, then "?"

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just to put this out there for a Friday rumor that will probably back-fire on me...

I've got it from three sources that one more guard (name withheld by me) will transfer out in the coming weeks. I heard the rumor first about two months ago but have since received two more sources very close to the matter with corroborating information.

Note: The paperwork isn't final but it appears this departure is almost a done deal. If the stories are correct, this departure isn't because of playing time or anything else going on. The player simply needs to go to a place where the academics better suit him.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Putting this in its own thread for further discussion.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
academic better suit him= not Mike Taylor. Unless Taylor transfers to DMAC.

My guess and pure speculation by me. Our transfer is Cory Johnson..

Just a guess. No substance.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
academic better suit him= not Mike Taylor. Unless Taylor transfers to DMAC.

My guess and pure speculation by me. Our transfer is Cory Johnson..

Just a guess. No substance.

I took "academics better suit him" as meaning that someone is transferring to a less rigorous academic environment. I don't see anyone on the team transferring to MIT.

Edit: Someone anonymously left me negative rep for this post, saying "hes not a guard." Since they didn't leave a name, I'll respond here: I never said he was, the person I quoted said he was. I was merely arguing it wasn't Cory on a different point.

Last edited:

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Re: MBB: McIntosh To Transfer

The player simply needs to go to a place where the academics better suit him.

Sounds like Taylor, since he went JUCO in the first place and was having problems his first semester until GMAC made an example out of him.

If I recall, Dunson was a very good student at his prep school. Wesley doesn't seem to have academic issues. Any other guard wouldn't be missed much, unless it was a recruit.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Re: MBB: McIntosh To Transfer

Sounds like Taylor, since he went JUCO in the first place and was having problems his first semester until GMAC made an example out of him.

If I recall, Dunson was a very good student at his prep school. Wesley doesn't seem to have academic issues. Any other guard wouldn't be missed much, unless it was a recruit.

Err, Wesley's not a guard, and there are no other (scholarship) guards other than Mike & Dodie.

I agree it's most likely Taylor, but either way it'll suck going into another season with an all new backcourt.

Any new rumored JUCO guards out there?