MBB Scores App For iPhone?

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
This is such a dumb "problem" but does anyone have a good college basketball scores app where you can customize a list of teams' scores to display? It's just annoying to go on the ESPN mobile site and have to toggle between a bunch of different conferences to see all the games I'm interested in or have to sift through a bunch of garbage games if you display all the D-I games. I want something where I can just have it show all the Top 25 + Big 12 + Minnesota + Schools ISU plays in the non-con, etc.. Any recommendations?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I've used 'theScore' for quite awhile and it works really well. Set up favorite teams in whatever sport to show scores from their games on their own section.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I use theScore, not just for CBB, but actually for all of my sports scores/quick stats needs.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The Yahoo Sports app is good. You can customize your list of favorite teams but then also switch over and gets scores by conference or top 25 and so forth. I really like it.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I've used 'theScore' for quite awhile and it works really well. Set up favorite teams in whatever sport to show scores from their games on their own section.

Same here. Best score app I've run across.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
This is such a dumb "problem" but does anyone have a good college basketball scores app where you can customize a list of teams' scores to display? It's just annoying to go on the ESPN mobile site and have to toggle between a bunch of different conferences to see all the games I'm interested in or have to sift through a bunch of garbage games if you display all the D-I games. I want something where I can just have it show all the Top 25 + Big 12 + Minnesota + Schools ISU plays in the non-con, etc.. Any recommendations?

You can have a favorites list on ESPN.

josh4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2012
Ames, IA
i ditched the espn app a long time ago, way to slow
i have converted everyone i know to use "the score" too

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I have had ESPN and the Score on my phone. Finally deleted ESPN, because the Score app was so good. Just note that if you allow it to push notifications for your favorite teams, if you are watching on any sort of delay it will spoil the end of half or end of game score for you. Typically those notifications come within 5 seconds of whatever event happening. Such as yesterday when I was watching the game on Cyclones.tv I got the half time score with some time left on the clock.

Also if you are fan of keeping track of baseball hot stove, football free agency and things like that it does a good job of pushing relevant news to you.

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I have been using Sports Alerts, it's very quick to update, easy to set alerts at different levels, only scores, no ads, Apple Watch part works well too.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Thuuz is really nice. It allows customization of what sports/teams you want to see, gives an excitement rating for every game, and when you tap a game, it tells you what channel the game is on. I'm surprised it hadn't been mentioned yet. I have tried most of the other sports scores apps and it is definitely my favorite.

Give it a shot.

Last edited: