McCaffrey showing his inner ***** on The Taste of Coaching with Seth Davis

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Didn't really say much the whole time, then jumped in and said "that transfer rule has got to change". Says the intent is all wrong and after a kid has a good yr they use it like free agency. Sounds like someone is a little bitter that one of his rivals is a stud at it. Then turns out Lon Kruger's son was the first to take advantage of the grad transfer rule and Lon is sitting at the table. Continues ******** about tampering and how he would, and has, blocked kids from transferring because of tampering. Just looks like a *****.

johnnydugouts

Jan 11, 2013
doesnt say much? Fran has been talking the entire show. he didnt even eat his food.

i think hes an insightful guy. clearly bright, prone to hyperbole, but he knows hoops.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
doesnt say much? Fran has been talking the entire show. he didnt even eat his food.

i think hes an insightful guy. clearly bright, prone to hyperbole, but he knows hoops.

Fran is arrogant, old school, and hasn't been able to adapt to changes in the game, which we can see has affected recruiting.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
I did not see what OP is talking about, but did Iowa reach out to Temple transfer Anthony Lee? Seems a little hypocritical if they did.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Fran just started going off on tangents when talking about transfers. Got into the 5th year rule, which he thinks needs to be changed. Brought up tampering...wtf??? Fran is obviously butt hurt about failing to land any quality transfers.

Also, he went on record stating that he has no problem granting a release and allowing that player to play in the same conference. Let's see if he keeps his word on that. Probably didn't want to sound like a hypocrite because of Uthoff

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
You guys are digging. A lot of people are against this rule, not just Fran. Kids should have to sit out a year or not transfer because as it is, it's being taken advantage of. It would be equivalent to the NBA's free agency period never ending and teams adding players in the playoffs. Take off your blinders.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
You guys are digging. A lot of people are against this rule, not just Fran. Kids should have to sit out a year or not transfer because as it is, it's being taken advantage of. It would be equivalent to the NBA's free agency period never ending and teams adding players in the playoffs. Take off your blinders.

It's just funny that Fran jumped in about it. The issue obviously hits home with him, as no quality 5th year senior would ever consider going to Iowa.

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
It's just funny that Fran jumped in about it. The issue obviously hits home with him, as no quality 5th year senior would ever consider going to Iowa.

He spends more time getting 4 year guys. Cal is the only one who has won with one year players, and that's only because they go on to be lottery picks.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The if you graduate rule is a good rule. If a kid is in a bad situation and sticks it out to graduate, then why not let him go where ever to play. If a kids gives a school 4 years and he doesn't like the situation he is in why not let him go and play his last year at a school with a better situation.

I love how coaches hate this rule but as soon as the next offer for them comes along they leave the kids behind and take a new job, with no punishment.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
He spends more time getting 4 year guys. Cal is the only one who has won with one year players, and that's only because they go on to be lottery picks.

460x.jpg

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Ironic you chose a picture of Iowa beating a top ten North Carolina team on the road to make your point..

My point was that they are goofy. If Fred Recruited those guys even I wouldn't come watch them play after beating two top 25 teams on the road.

Iowa88

Aug 30, 2014
My point was that they are goofy. If Fred Recruited those guys even I wouldn't come watch them play after beating two top 25 teams on the road.

So now you're talking about the ISU student section? Let's try to stay on topic.