ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Fanatics -

With much regret, I have to inform you that I've closed the megathread regarding conference realignment.

This was not an easy decision for me to make. In fact, megathread was like a child to me.

But after doing some research, our team found that based off of the way VBulletin is set up, it's best to not let threads get that long. When they do, the number of database queries skyrockets and it's just not good for the site in general. Plus, the thread was pretty off-topic anyways.

So I apologize but thought you should hear it from me, and not the gossip guy in the cubical next to you today.

Megathread --- Rest in peace.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNjJCbWc6YA]WWE:The Undertaker Theme "Rest In Peace" [CD Quality + Download Link] - YouTube[/ame]

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It had an amazing run. What was it 13 months? Now to a Meathead 2.0? :jimlad:

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Megathread.jpg

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
He had to do something. If Megathread lived much longer it would have imploded on itself and sucked the entire forum in through a black hole.

Think of the children..

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAaR-Wd1PPU]LeBron James: "It's about damn time" - YouTube[/ame]

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Someday in the future, there will be a large thread with lots of replies. And some will make comments about it being the biggest thread in CF history. And those of us who are still around will smile because we know the truth. There can never be another mega-thread. We were a part of history.

May God bless you and keep you, mega-thread. You were a good friend with whom I spent much time. Now go and be at peace.