Men/Women Cheating on Significant Others

Together2813

Mar 29, 2006
Omaha, NE
I disagree 100% on the percentage number of guys cheating on women. Unless you are talking about high school days then, who didn't cheat?

As for married men, I think the number is more around 30% of men cheat. I wasn't loyal to g/f's in high school but once I met my wife, the love I have for her there is NO way I could/would ever cheat on her.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
There are many, many studies about this. Most of the info in this thread is based off of anecdotal evidence. Kinsey's findings in the 40's indicated that men cheated at the rate of 50%, women at the rate of 25%, for example.

Here are a few more recent pieces of info:

Infidelity Statistics - Truth About Deception

http://faculty.unlv.edu/fifes2/pdf/Infidelity and Extramarital Sex.pdf (Reports current rates reported are 25% for men, 10 - 15% for women)

New Study about Women, Marriage and Infidelity - Marriage - Families.com
(reporting 20% for men and 15% for women)

Infidelity Statistics
(reports 25% men to 17% women)

The obvious inherent problem with any study is that you're asking people to admit to something to which they don't want to admit. There's not really a scientific way to study this. I guess these studies show that men at least report cheating more often than women.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
I believe that's a definite Stage One Cling-On!:yes:

Ya you're telling me. She still didn't break up with me even though I did everything possible to deserve it. I kinda feel like a ****** bag now but back then it seemed like the only way out.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
This poses a question as to the actual meaning of 'cheating'. In my scenario I became really close to our receptionist. We could talk about anything (and I mean anything), had 'lunch dates' every other week which we spent time talking about her and her family. She gave me a chocolate rose for Valentines Day and I gave her the Twilight collection in hardback for Christmas (while her husband gave her a washer and dryer). Never were we intimate or had sex but her husband was obviously jealous and yet she loves him. Was she cheating?

Last edited:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
For what its worth, I personally know two people who have been involved in 'cheating' marriages. One of them is a man...the other is a woman. In both cases, the woman was the one cheating.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
This poses a question as to the actual meaning of 'cheating'. In my scenario I became really close to our receptionist. We could talk about anything (and I mean anything), had 'lunch dates' every other week which we spent time talking about her and her family. She gave me a chocolate rose for Valentines Day and I gave her the Twilight collection in hardback for Christmas (while her husband gave her a washer and dryer). Never were we intimate or had sex but her husband was obviously jealous and yet she loves him. Was she cheating?

NO. You gave her a book and he gave her a washer and dryer so he could have her do HIS laundry. Not yours.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
"True love is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a god damn magic show ready to double team your girlfriend."

134115__oldschool_l.jpg

Reactions: cyclonenum1

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Common Cheat Lines to the Spouse:

Honey, I need to go to Menards for some screws.

Cutie, I need to go back to work to finish my project due tomorrow. Don't wait up.

Jennie, I need to go to supper with my regional boss.

I had two flat tires (at the bar) before I hit the road after the semitrailor accident.

I lost my Blackberry and it took forever to find it.

So I took the dog for a three hour walk. He is a good dog.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

"Relationship counselors" would probably call this "emotional cheating".

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA

Arkansas = Jim Halpert?

Careful dude, I know how this one plays out. Her husband...we'll call him "Roy" will get ****** and try and kick your ***, but one of your coworkers, "Dwight" will mace the hell out of him.

No worries though, you'll get together with this receptionist ("Pam") in the end and be promoted to co-manager.