Men's Big XII Basketball Tourney Thread - Non-ISU Games Discussion

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
How about BYU jumping all over UCF right now. Wow. They can really shoot it. I'm hoping ISU gets hot like that for the next month:) If so, LOOK OUT!!

Anyway, started this thread to discuss the other Big XII tourney games that don't involve ISU. Please merge if one already exists, but I couldn't locate one on this topic. No lead seems to be safe with prolific 3 point shooting teams these days and an 15 point lead seems to be the new age version of an 8 point lead years ago, but BYU does look dialed in right now.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
How about BYU jumping all over UCF right now. Wow. They can really shoot it. I'm hoping ISU gets hot like that for the next month:) If so, LOOK OUT!!

Anyway, started this thread to discuss the other Big XII tourney games that don't involve ISU. Please merge if one already exists, but I couldn't locate one on this topic. No lead seems to be safe with prolific 3 point shooting teams these days and an 15 point lead seems to be the new age version of an 8 point lead years ago, but BYU does look dialed in right now.
BYU acting like they're going at it with the sister wives.

• Haha
Reactions: He-Guy and NWICY

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
How amazing is it to see Kansas having to play a first round game.
It's pretty great. I think there's a good chance they lose today as well given they're down McCullar and Dickinson. Would be nice to clear them out of the tournament on a Wednesday. LOL.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
id be curious on the #s BYU has down there
Nice to have another team with a good fan base and good program join the conference like BYU. They seem to have 10 times the fans UCF has right now at the game, which is not a surprise. Lot better than looking at a morning game with a 3/4 empty arena if it had been like a UCF v. Ok State match-up. Woof.

Sidebar: I still can't believe a UCF got into the conference. Big XII will help raise them up, just like it did with TCU's athletic program. They got lucky compared to a Memphis or Louisville.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

BYU is really good. Expect to see them
In the semi finals against Houston. Their offensive execution is really impressive. Glad they are in the other side of the bracket. I do not want to play them again. They are the team best suited to play against our defense.

• Agree
Reactions: CyNews and Acylum

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Nice to have another team with a good fan base and good program join the conference like BYU. They seem to have 10 times the fans UCF has right now at the game, which is not a surprise. Lot better than looking at a morning game with a 3/4 empty arena if it had been like a UCF v. Ok State match-up. Woof.

Sidebar: I still can't believe a UCF got into the conference. Big XII will help raise them up, just like it did with TCU's athletic program. They got lucky compared to a Memphis or Louisville.
They got in for one reason / football.
They have been good and B12 status will elevate them for FB too.
Also location - Florida and time zone.

Reactions: BigCyFan and Acylum

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
They got in for one reason / football.
They have been good and B12 status will elevate them for FB too.
Also location - Florida and time zone.
Yeah, I get it. I know they have a lot of potential, but based on program history (football and basketball combined), they were the worst of the 4, IMHO.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
BYU's Waterman got absolutely mugged under the basket at the buzzer.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, I get it. I know they have a lot of potential, but based on program history (football and basketball combined), they were the worst of the 4, IMHO.
Agree
UCF was boosted big time by Scott Frosts last year there. 12-0, beat Florida in a big time bowl game, and voted #1 in nation.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

UCF was always more of a long-term upside. Huge enrollment and thus growing alumni base in a high population area, with the hope they can develop further with time in a better conference.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That was a ******** foul call. BYU player jumped into the guy with 2 seconds on the shot clock. Refs are instructed not to reward that.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering

UCF has a massive younger graduate demographic. It's by far the largest university in Florida at almost 70k students. By comparison, UT Austin has ~50k. If UCF ever starts achieving anything of note in athletics, they might really take off.