Merged Covid Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Just senses in general. We'd be able to detect which people are safe to be around, and which aren't.

We had a dog that loved pretty much everyone except for one person, and looking back that person was really not very stable.
when I first started dating my Fiancee her and her roommate shared our Aussie as a puppy. he never really liked the roommates boyfriend yet loved me instantly and would crawl up on me any chance he could get. well the roommates boyfriend ended up being arrested for arson and also been cheating on her and got another woman (his ex?) pregnant.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
My wife and I were just having a conversation about what our dog would do if someone broke in. He’s friendly as hell to everyone but he meets everyone when he’s around us. He does this weird lunge thing when wrestling around with the kids but has never been aggressive. He’s only barked at one person and it was a dude that was working on the neighbors house that stuck his head over the fence.

He’s not aggressive but I Just have this feeling he would be if something was really going down. At 100+ pounds he could probably **** someone up if he wanted to.
our Aussies would definitely knock someone over but it would be from them trying to get as much attention as possible from someone new.. seriously at around 60-65lbs each they are big lap dogs at best..
received_362836205099710.jpeg

kcbob79clone

Link to entire report which has Key Points below and the entire report, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/201...ronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-data/covidview.html

Key Points
  • Nationally, since mid-July, there has been an overall decreasing trend in the percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 and a decreasing or stable (change of ≤0.1%) trend in the percentage of visits for ILI and CLI; however, there has been some regional variation.
  • Using combined data from the three laboratory types, the national percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 with a molecular assay decreased from 5.1% during week 37 to 4.8% during week 38.
    • Regionally, the percentage of respiratory specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 increased in Regions 7 (Central), 8 (Mountain) and 10 (Pacific Northwest) and decreased or remained stable in the remaining seven regions.
    • The highest percentage of specimens testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 were seen in Regions 6 (South Central, 8.3%) and 7 (Central, 9.0%).
  • The percentage of outpatient or ED visits to ILINet providers for ILI is below baseline nationally and in all 10 regions of the country.
    • Compared with week 37, the percentage of visits for ILI during week 38 remained stable nationally and decreased or was stable (change of ≤0.1%) in all 10 regions.
  • Nationally, the percentage of visits to EDs for CLI and ILI remained stable (change of ≤0.1%) in week 38 compared with week 37. This is the tenth consecutive week of a declining or stable percentage of visits for CLI and ILI.
    • Region 8 (Mountain) reported an increase in the percentage of visits for both CLI and ILI in week 38 compared to week 37. The remaining nine regions reported a stable (change of ≤0.1%) or decreasing percentage.
  • The overall cumulative COVID-19-associated hospitalization rate was 174.8 per 100,000; rates were highest in people 65 years of age and older (472.3 per 100,000) followed by people 50–64 years (261.5 per 100,000).
    • From the week ending August 1 (MMWR week 31) to the week ending September 19 (MMWR week 38), weekly hospitalization rates declined for all adult age groups. However, over this same time period, weekly rates remained steady for the pediatric age groups. Data for the most recent weeks may change as additional admissions occurring during those weeks are reported.
    • Age-adjusted hospitalization rates for Hispanic or Latino persons and non-Hispanic Black persons were both approximately 4.6 times that of non-Hispanic White persons. The age-adjusted hospitalization rate for non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native persons was approximately 4.5 times that of non-Hispanic White persons.
  • Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19 (PIC) for week 38 was 6.6%, which was lower than the percentage during week 37 (9.8%), but above the epidemic threshold. These percentages will likely increase as more death certificates are processed.
  • All surveillance systems aim to provide the most complete data available. Estimates from previous weeks are subject to change as data are updated with the most complete data available.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I don't hate or dislike dogs. Far from it.

It is just the work/reward ratio is much better with kitties.

I love my little snuggly monsters.

Plus dogs do a lot of --

BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK BORK

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Just senses in general. We'd be able to detect which people are safe to be around, and which aren't.

We had a dog that loved pretty much everyone except for one person, and looking back that person was really not very stable.
Go on...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Nothing drastic or dramatic.

I'll leave it as we'd hunt with the person, and generally they were fine but they'd tend to be obsessed with needing to kill something and the dog could sense something was a little off.

Reactions: Acylum

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Where's the rest of your post? No charts about the fluffier the kitty-cat is, the better the companion it makes? Or another one stating the average the smell of feline droppings aren't nearly as impulsive nor is there as much volume to their canines counterparts?

No need to give him "dumb" for this. It is hilarious. @Sigmapolis, you have trained us to expect charts with meaningful stats and thorough explanations from you.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
No need to give him "dumb" for this. It is hilarious. @Sigmapolis, you have trained us to expect charts with meaningful stats and thorough explanations from you.

It was hilarious. The first fifty times. Now it is outdated and trite.

On a completely unrelated topic, what's the deal with airline food?

• Haha
  • Friendly
Reactions: MLawrence and Cycsk

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

And what's the deal with [Covid] on the title? Shouldn't it be "***Official Covid Dogs are Amazing!***"? ; )

Or has Bob developed a case of typing Tourette's where he just happens to cut loose with [Covid] intermittently?

Last edited:

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010

And here I thought I was putting a new refreshing twist on some low hanging fruit.

Reactions: Angie

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
My dog is the best dog. Very well mannered, relaxed, sleek, beautiful, friendly. One time I was in the yard with my back turned. Salesman walked up on me in apparently too aggressive a manner. The great Dane came out of my dog. Salesman never came back. Dogs are the best.

kcbob79clone

And what's the deal with [Covid] on the title? Shouldn't it be "***Official Covid Dogs are Amazing!***"? ; )

Or has Bob developed a case of typing Tourette's where he just happens to cut loose with [Covid] intermittently?

Sorry two topics, Covid and dogs, was beyond your comprehension this morning. Has the Gameday drinking started early? :)

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Sorry two topics, Covid and dogs, was beyond your comprehension this morning. Has the Gameday drinking started early? :)
Not at all, Brownshirt Bob. My comprehension is fine, I am sober. Quite honestly, it doesn't require much comprehension to see what you are up to. Carry on, BB. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie
Status
Not open for further replies.