Metcalf on Flo

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I saw this on twitter as well. Looks interesting.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So can anyone tell me what the best way to subscribe to flo is? I haven’t taken that leap yet but thought I probably should have last year. Is it worth it? Or a wait and see how many events are on the new ESPN + thing or whatever the hell its called? It’s hard to justify paying just to watch content like the Metcalf special but if I found the right deal I would get a year subscription. I have season cyclone tv but I have season tickets so home meets aren’t really what I would be wanting to pay for. Just road ones, the scuffle, Vegas tourney, etc.

Also, as kind of a born again wrestling fan, I’m excited to try to find a way to watch this on Metcalf. I don’t know as much about him as some do around here.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
So can anyone tell me what the best way to subscribe to flo is? I haven’t taken that leap yet but thought I probably should have last year. Is it worth it? Or a wait and see how many events are on the new ESPN + thing or whatever the hell its called? It’s hard to justify paying just to watch content like the Metcalf special but if I found the right deal I would get a year subscription. I have season cyclone tv but I have season tickets so home meets aren’t really what I would be wanting to pay for. Just road ones, the scuffle, Vegas tourney, etc.

Also, as kind of a born again wrestling fan, I’m excited to try to find a way to watch this on Metcalf. I don’t know as much about him as some do around here.
I'm in the same boat and just cant pull the cord. I messed up one night and bought it thinking it was a month to month basis but it was actually them breaking up the payment into monthly payments. Luckily I emailed Flo about the misunderstanding and they said they got rid of the month to month but he ended up giving me the one month but I quit getting it after that one month.

bear24

Aug 7, 2018
The used to have month to month subscriptions that made it easier to buy when these movies came out. Now I think they force you to buy a year long subscription which is a little harder to justify.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
The Flo membership is also worth it for their rankings, high school coverage, they have a lot of old matches that you can go and stream, they usually have some good articles, etc. I’ve gone back and watched Colbray vs Steiert more than a few times since the season ended. you could also split a membership with someone. Only issue with that is you can’t both watch live duals at the same time, but can always go back and re-watch if the other person has dibs to watching that meet

Reactions: JM4CY

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Money well spent if you can afford it. The films are awesome and I catch quite a few live events each year.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The Flo membership is also worth it for their rankings, high school coverage, they have a lot of old matches that you can go and stream, they usually have some good articles, etc. I’ve gone back and watched Colbray vs Steiert more than a few times since the season ended. you could also split a membership with someone. Only issue with that is you can’t both watch live duals at the same time, but can always go back and re-watch if the other person has dibs to watching that meet
Boy, being able to rewatch that Colbray/Steiert match would be worth a few bucks. Seeing that one in person was such a treat. I kept screaming "KEEP HIM DOWN! KEEP HIS ASS DOWN!" repeatedly like a little girl after he got that last take down. So awesome.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I use to subscribe to Intermat, but cancelled that. I am disappointed IaWrestle went to Rokfin. Not sure how expensive that is. Is it tied with Willie Saylor or separate?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
The last couple of years, Flo covered all the ISU home duals. My understanding was that next season will be on ESPN+. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

That said, Flo is still well worth it. $150 for a year of wrestling coverage. Much better value than any cable package I ever had. If you’re a big wrestling fan, get Flo. If your a casual wrestling fan who mostly just likes ISU, than maybe another service would be better.*

*This advice is contingent on there being a wrestling season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The last couple of years, Flo covered all the ISU home duals. My understanding was that next season will be on ESPN+. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Flo "covered" the ISU home duals by simulcasting the CyTV feed.

ISU, OSU and WVU will all be on ESPN+ in 2020-21.
OU still has its own deal with Fox/FSN for the next few years.

Since the other 8 Big 12 teams are affiliate members, the assumption is that the Big 12's deal with ESPN+ likely doesn't include them, and that they'll continue to have their own individual deals for TV/streaming, or be under the agreements of their primary conferences.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Boy, being able to rewatch that Colbray/Steiert match would be worth a few bucks. Seeing that one in person was such a treat. I kept screaming "KEEP HIM DOWN! KEEP HIS ASS DOWN!" repeatedly like a little girl after he got that last take down. So awesome.
Watched at home and screamed a variety of things at my TV. Went back and forth between confident and anxious about 17 times. “**** YEAH HE’S GOT THIS!!! IT’S OVER!!!! OH NO! NO NO NO NO DON’T LET HIM UP!!! YOU BETTER KEEP HIS ASS DOWN!!!! DAMMIT HE’S GONNA LOSE THIS! WAIT.........YEAH......YEAH......DO THAT......YEAH......YEAH......**** YEAH!!!!!!!”

*horn*

“Knew he was gonna win. Didn’t doubt Sammy for a second.”

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Watched at home and screamed a variety of things at my TV. Went back and forth between confident and anxious about 17 times. “**** YEAH HE’S GOT THIS!!! IT’S OVER!!!! OH NO! NO NO NO NO DON’T LET HIM UP!!! YOU BETTER KEEP HIS ASS DOWN!!!! DAMMIT HE’S GONNA LOSE THIS! WAIT.........YEAH......YEAH......DO THAT......YEAH......YEAH......**** YEAH!!!!!!!”

*horn*

“Knew he was gonna win. Didn’t doubt Sammy for a second.”
When he fell to his hip while on top, there a couple of school age kids that heard some colorful language sitting in front of me.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
For those of you who want to relive that match, here’s the video of it I found that was take from the Panther corner. Still epic. Just ignore Schwabs blabber.

Also, what’s underrated in that match is that first quick takedown Sammy had. When he wants too, he can be like a damn cat.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Regarding Flo - If I hadn't already paid a year at a time, I would probably be cancelling now due to there being no live content. It's not only collegiate meets, but the international stuff too. Had a blast following Carr and others at the WTT last year. That said, they are doing the best they can putting some new content out there. Someone asked about Willie Saylor, he is no longer there.

Back to the topic of the Metcalf documentary, do not underestimate how big this is. This could be a real shot in the arm for us recruting-wise. I feel like a lot of people have forgotten how dominant Brent was fairly recently and this is a chance to put him back in the limelight. For big time wrestling fans and recruits, Flo is where it's at.