NFL: Miami Dolphins begin contract talks with Jake Long

DougMasters

Mar 31, 2008
They are negotiating contracts with both Longs, Gholsten and Dorsey, so they haven't decided on anyone yet for that top pick.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
They are negotiating contracts with both Longs, Gholsten and Dorsey, so they haven't decided on anyone yet for that top pick.

Right.

It will be very interesting to see how much influence Parcells has. As a coach, he always said if he was expected to cook - he should get to buy the groceries.

Now that he's a big-wig...I'm interested to see if he lets his head coach do the shopping.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I really want Jake to fall to the Chiefs at 5.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Now that he's a big-wig...I'm interested to see if he lets his head coach do the shopping.

That will never happen. Nobody is a bigger fan of Bill Parcels than Bill Parcels. And Wayne Huizenga knows it. That's why he brought Bill on board. Everybody knows he's a great talent scout.

I think that if the Dolphins take Jake Long, it's going to shake some things up. I think Gholston and Chris Long are both deserving of that number 1 pick, Gholston for his upside, and Long for his safeness. The Rams, I think, would take Jake Long if available, but what if he's not? Excellent tackles like Ryan Clady and Chris Williams will still be on the board later in the round, so a trade is possible.

Last edited:

Cy Heavy

Aug 29, 2006
Ankeny
I really don't see the Fin's taking Jake Long at #1. The Tuna is probably playing games for contract leverage with picks or trade leverage with other teams. If they do take Jake @ #1 I'd envisin them trading him for a few other picks.

Help Support Us

Become a patron