NBA: Micheal vs Lebron

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Who ya got?

I am a Jordan guy all the way. And don't give me the Lebron has more physical tools stuff. Jordan might be the most explosive athlete ever to play the game.

Jordan was a better scorer and defender. I think Pippen makes a great point too when he says Jordan could do all the thing Lebron gets credit for, but he didn't have to because Pippen was there.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Huge Jordan fan here. I saw him many times at the old Chicago Stadium when he was a rookie. But I'm moving toward LeBron. The guy is just so good at everything. And he has sustained it for so long. If picking players for one-on-one, three-on-three, or five-on-five, I think I would probably pick LeBron first.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Huge Jordan fan here. I saw him many times at the old Chicago Stadium when he was a rookie. But I'm moving toward LeBron. The guy is just so good at everything. And he has sustained it for so long. If picking players for one-on-one, three-on-three, or five-on-five, I think I would probably pick LeBron first.

But how long would Jordan have played with today's medical science?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Jordan for me. The game revolved around him and in one way or another and some absolute no name players were very good along with him.

Lebron's a physical specimen and it's incredible how he carries and drags the Cavs around. I feel like I hear more about his drama though than anything else (although this could also just be because ESPN is garbage and can't actually talk sports) and I've found it odd that he's struggled so much to gel with other good players for the long haul.

Perhaps Jordan would be the same in this era because he's an egomaniac but I don't recall him having a concert when him, Pippen, and Rodman joined up.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Jordan and I don't think it's all that close. If you want to win, you pick Jordan. He was a killer. That's not to take anything away from LeBron -- he's easily top 5 All-time. But if some crazed lunatic held me at gun point and said if you lose this game I'll kill you... if you win, you walk free and I had to pick between LeBron or MJ to be the fifth member of my team, it's Michael Jordan 10 times out of 10.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
This guy.
giphy.gif

KCy

Jul 20, 2008
Kansas City
Jordan. If you are an NBA GM and they are both options you draft Jordan over Lebron. Knowing what we know now, Jordan will get to a point that he will win champtionships no matter what, Lebron not so much.

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Jordan. If you are an NBA GM and they are both options you draft Jordan over Lebron. Knowing what we know now, Jordan will get to a point that he will win champtionships no matter what, Lebron not so much.

Completely disagree that Jordan will get championships no matter what. Jordan had more seasons that he didn't reach the finals then he did. However Jordan won every time he made it there. Jordan is still the GOAT to me but people should stop pretending that his championship teams weren't super teams before super teams were a thing. Lebron has played in 8 NBA finals including 7 in a row, regardless of his record in them that is one hell of a feat.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Were any of you in Chicago before the Bulls started winning championships? I was. Jordan was recognized as being the "greatest" before he had won a single championship. He was shunned by other players during his first All-Star game because he came into the league so successfully. In those days, his greatness had nothing to do with championships. In fact, Doug Collins got fired as coach because he couldn't lead the team from Point A to Point C (the championship). Those darn Pistons (Point B) got in the way three years in a row. So, if you link Jordan's greatness to his championships, then you have to link his greatness to Phil Jackson too.

Based on the logic I often read here, most of you would not have acknowledged Jordan as the greatest during his first 6 years. However, most of us who were there did. The championships just confirmed it.

• Winner
Reactions: algonacy

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Were any of you in Chicago before the Bulls started winning championships? I was. Jordan was recognized as being the "greatest" before he had won a single championship. He was shunned by other players during his first All-Star game because he came into the league so successfully. In those days, his greatness had nothing to do with championships. In fact, Doug Collins got fired as coach because he couldn't lead the team from Point A to Point C (the championship). Those darn Pistons (Point B) got in the way three years in a row. So, if you link Jordan's greatness to his championships, then you have to link his greatness to Phil Jackson too.

Based on the logic I often read here, most of you would not have acknowledged Jordan as the greatest during his first 6 years. However, most of us who were there did. The championships just confirmed it.

Completely agree. Jordan before Phil Jackson was already on a different level. I was 6 when Jordan entered the league so don't remember the earliest years first hand. But he was doing insane things from the beginning and was already the most marketable player years before the 91 championship. It's fun to watch some old broadcasts on YouTube from Jordan's rookie year and listening to announcers talk about him not knowing he would become a global brand.