Michigan blog sources stating KF has accepted offer from Michigan

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
In reading a different thread, this blog guy is the same one that reported Michigan had offered and hired Carr before any other media source had the info.

I'm still not buying, but the guy seems legit.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
In reading a different thread, this blog guy is the same one that reported Michigan had offered and hired Carr before any other media source had the info.

Was this the guy that Jon Miller was talking about last night on Sound Off? He seemed to think that he sounded legit and had a good record.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

saw this last night, and elected not to post it...remember Brian Kelly was ISU's coach?

j

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I really just can't figure this out. I can't for the life of me think that the fanbase and big boosters of Michigan would want anything to do with Kirkie. Does a university president have that much pull when it comes to hiring a football coach?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yes, this is the guy.

And the Kelly thing is just one reason why I'm not putting much stock in this yet.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i heard this morning on the radio that mu's chancellor was at iowa with kf and that is the tie-in between the 2. just funny that a week ago everyone was saying there was no way that he would end up there and now it is rumored that he has accepted the job.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
If he isn't the selection and they're pulling an "ISU has hired Brian Kelley", Pollard has proven to be a pioneer in the coaching search. He should have patented the "Smoke Screen Hire". It seems to be all the rage in coaching searches now.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I have two opinions on this story.

1 - It's just Iowa fans distracting from their real problems. They want it to look like they have something special going other than the daily arrest reports.

2 - It could be at least partially true. We've seen that there's usually fire when there's smoke and that could be the case here.

I think you are seeing much more rumor spreading by Iowa fans than Michigan fans and that could lead to believe #1 is true. Even the Michigan blogs are sourcing Iowa forums and that isn't how these things usually work. Typically Michigan insiders would know before Iowa insiders since Farentz would probably be slower to tell people than Michigan officials getting things ready.

I have no idea if the rumors are true or not but the rumors are certainly not taking the traditional way of coming out. It could be that Michigan fans just don't want KF or that Iowa fans want to get rid of KF but either way it's coming out backwards.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I will be in a state of total shock if this happens.

Someone has to give me one good reason why UM WOULDN'T go get Les Miles.

Because Lloyd Carr wants Ferentz and not Les Miles....Pure and simple

Because every other reason defies any thought of logic that is for sure.:wacko:

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

because he has far and away the most talented team in america and still managed to lose 2 games this year.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

I will...

Let Miles is an awful coach surrounded by stellar talent. I am somewhat connected to the LSU program and know of what I speak. Many in BR could care less if he leaves.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Regardless of what happens, this is going to hurt Iowa. They've already lost two of their top recruits over the past couple days and more could be on the way out. I really think KF should at least say he's not leaving if he doesn't plan to. I know he doesn't "have" to since it's just a rumor but it's a rumor that is hurting their program and will continue to until there is closure one way or another.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

That's the big holdup for me. Perhaps they contacted him and he said no, but everything I read leads me to believe he wants the job more than any straight man wants a go with Danica Patrick.

This isn't about why KF would leave and go there - to me that's a nearly an easy decision. It's mostly about why Michigan wants KF.

Perhaps they are "ignoring" the past couple years - if that's the case I can see why they'd want him. Kind of silly to ignore a man's full body of work. I've read in a number of places about how much Carr feels Kirk would be a great choice, perhaps he is having an influence. Tack on a high-ranking official with Michigan having ties with Kirk and it's not that far fetched.