Mike Tyson to fight Jake Paul

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I think Tyson could knock him out early. But if not, I'd think the age discrepancy and what it means for your max cardio capacity will really benefit Paul.

This is a total hot mess, but I'll absolutely watch.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So in addition to the 31-year age gap and Tyson being nearly 60 at the time of the fight, they'll be using heavier 14 oz. gloves which will definitely lessen the power/impact of the punches, as another concession playing to the advantage of Jake Paul. I have a feeling by the time the fight rolls around Tyson will have agreed to fighting with his right arm literally tied behind his back.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
So in addition to the 31-year age gap and Tyson being nearly 60 at the time of the fight, they'll be using heavier 14 oz. gloves which will definitely lessen the power/impact of the punches, as another concession playing to the advantage of Jake Paul. I have a feeling by the time the fight rolls around Tyson will have agreed to fighting with his right arm literally tied behind his back.

Nobody is forcing him.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
It's very minor in comparison but there's a movement toward this kind of influencer cutting the line in sports BS with basketball.
How does that work? People are paying to watch them play 1v1 against old NBA guys or something?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How does that work? People are paying to watch them play 1v1 against old NBA guys or something?

“Influencers” who present themselves as basketball players rather than actual basketball players who have a social media acct.

The nba gave it oxygen unfortunately by inviting one of them to their celebrity game all star weekend and he treated it like playing for Olympic gold.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
“Influencers” who present themselves as basketball players rather than actual basketball players who have a social media acct.

The nba gave it oxygen unfortunately by inviting one of them to their celebrity game all star weekend and he treated it like playing for Olympic gold.
I think the one I’ve seen is called the Professor? So dumb.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I'm a lifelong boxing fan, I know the sport has its problems but I still love it. Seeing fake tough guy dorks like Jake Paul p*ssing all over it is beyond irritating to me. If you want to be a serious boxer, fight serious boxers, not retired MMA guys or 60-year-olds. JP has had one match against an actual professional boxer who's in his prime, but even still isn't very good, and JP lost.

Reactions: khardbored

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I'm a lifelong boxing fan, I know the sport has its problems but I still love it. Seeing fake tough guy dorks like Jake Paul p*ssing all over it is beyond irritating to me. If you want to be a serious boxer, fight serious boxers, not retired MMA guys or 60-year-olds. JP has had one match against an actual professional boxer who's in his prime, but even still isn't very good, and JP lost.
He obviously doesn't want to be a legit boxer and why would he? Dude is raking it in with bs spectacle fights.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He obviously doesn't want to be a legit boxer and why would he? Dude is raking it in with bs spectacle fights.
He's said he wants to become a world champion.

“My sights are set on becoming a world champion, and now I have a chance to prove myself against the greatest heavyweight champion of the world, the baddest man on the planet and the most dangerous boxer of all time. Time to put Iron Mike to sleep.”

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
He's said he wants to become a world champion.

“My sights are set on becoming a world champion, and now I have a chance to prove myself against the greatest heavyweight champion of the world, the baddest man on the planet and the most dangerous boxer of all time. Time to put Iron Mike to sleep.”

I can’t imagine he would say something he doesn’t mean. Especially not for something completely silly like financial gain.