Miller and Deace hanging it up

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Deace talking about it right now...I've only heard from 7:00 on but it seems like this was Deace's decision with Miller not sad he made it. Deace says family is the reason he can't do it anymore.
Didn't Miller say he was going to call it quits after football season anyway? Something to that effect.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Deace talking about it right now...I've only heard from 7:00 on but it seems like this was Deace's decision with Miller not sad he made it. Deace says family is the reason he can't do it anymore.

My dad and I used to talk about this. Deace would always talk about family values and how important it is to spend quality time with family, and yet he was always either on the radio or prepping for a show OR watching sports or playing video games.

I say, good for him for wanting to spend more time with his family.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
My dad and I used to talk about this. Deace would always talk about family values and how important it is to spend quality time with family, and yet he was always either on the radio or prepping for a show OR watching sports or playing video games.

I say, good for him for wanting to spend more time with his family.
I wonder if he has to give the batmobile back.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My only beef is that listeners had no notice. No matter who they bring in, t hey won't have Deace's level of college football knowledge.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
My only beef is that listeners had no notice. No matter who they bring in, t hey won't have Deace's level of college football knowledge.
Yeah, even with jon's post it felt forced as far as disclosure, when exactly where they going to say something, at the end of the final show? lol.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
I'd be more than willing to break down Tecmo Bowl match-ups each morning on the air. We're playing Thursday night...so I'd have some instant material to work with.

Jon had mentioned various times that he wasn't too crazy about getting up so early. I always figured he would not last forever.

They are a good team together. Jon is the guy next door, and Steve is the articulate world view guy. Hopefully down the road KXNO can put them back together at 10...or noon. Back before they podcast regularly, I purchased a digital voice recorder for the mornings I wasn't near the computer. I'd take it to work.

I still occasionally listen to the Monday show after ISU beat NU and Iowa beat MSU.

Whin4Cy

Mar 7, 2008
Iowa
Sorry to see the show go. Liked listening to it in the mornings. Not sure what they will replace it with, but being the same age as Miller, it was quite fun to get all the references that they made to old songs and movies.

They are leaving for the right reason and there is no way putting family first is wrong. Here's to hoping they find something good to replace it with.

Thanks for making the morning commutes enjoyable! Don't be strangers!

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
Job well done Jon and Deace.
If you ever get tired of being black and blue come on over to the good guys.:smile:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Aamco Corporate can NOT be pleased by this news.

A buddy pointed this out to me one time, but did anyone else ever notice how the Aamco commercials used to describe their location as the "KMart parking lot" and it's now "Kmart Plaza"?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Honestly I’m bummed. I did like their show, and even though I wasn’t a huge fan of either host I thought they did a good job talking sports. I would love to see a Williams/and or Blum with Hassel. It would be tough to recapture what Deace and Miller have though. My only hope is that Deace gets canned from WHO and gets to join Miller in the afternoon. Perfect scenario. Probably would suck for Deacer but this is a selfish moment for me.

Help Support Us

Become a patron