Minivan Recommendations

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Due to the family growing in size, wife and I are looking at trading in her car for a minivan. Looking to see if anymore has their own personal recommendations and why.
No. Don't do it.

Reactions: Drew0311

MrTippet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2009
I have a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid and love it. 30 miles of electric then the good gas mileage of a hybrid.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Yeah, if we did go that route I’d need something to deal with the forest roads and places I like to get for fishing and hiking. Hit the beach by Gearhart OR to see bottomed out minivans in the sand all summer.
I've been itching to get something forest service road capable the last few years. I'm about 60 miles north of Seattle. I like the Gladiator and Bronco but my wife hates the styling of both. I don't like the FJ Cruiser and they don't make them anymore anyway. Maybe a ForeRunner or XTerra...

We took a family vacation to a beach house in Ocean Shores, WA and our minivan did fine as long as we stayed back on the packed sand.

Reactions: simply1

CyJam

Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
Have a Sienna and I'd recommend Toyota over all other brands.

I did drive a loaded 2021 Pacifica for a week and it was very nice. Just not impressed with Chrysler reliability.

Reactions: Jer

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Chrysler should only be considered if you can get a good deal, which you cannot right now because there is still no inventory. I'd go GMC Savannah but most women cannot stomach it, it will be factory direct but you can get MSRP because no one wants them. Will take 6 months to receive order. And shame on all those women who stick their nose up at the GMC Savannah.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
My wife refused the minivan, didn't like they looks. Got the Traverse type of thing that totally doesn't look like a minivan. Just a little harder to get into and hauls a little less.

Reactions: Drew0311

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I've been itching to get something forest service road capable the last few years. I'm about 60 miles north of Seattle. I like the Gladiator and Bronco but my wife hates the styling of both. I don't like the FJ Cruiser and they don't make them anymore anyway. Maybe a ForeRunner or XTerra...

We took a family vacation to a beach house in Ocean Shores, WA and our minivan did fine as long as we stayed back on the packed sand.
Hard to beat a 4runner, always a premium there though. Xterra also isn’t made anymore unfortunately, but good rigs with some specific things to look for. I really like the Bronco as well.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So is there anyone with a minivan that doesn't like it on here? Seems all dissenters are those that went another direction. I've heard very few people that went with a minivan and regretted it. They're not flashy, but they are functional.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Hard to beat a 4runner, always a premium there though. Xterra also isn’t made anymore unfortunately, but good rigs with some specific things to look for. I really like the Bronco as well.
I'd really like something where I can take the roof and doors off when I get into the backcountry.

Too bad the Xterra isn't made anymore, I wasn't aware of that. I like Nissans and I'd heard good things about them.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
So is there anyone with a minivan that doesn't like it on here? Seems all dissenters are those that went another direction. I've heard very few people that went with a minivan and regretted it. They're not flashy, but they are functional.
Yea, they are the superior choice unless you: 1) Prefer style over function or 2) Need off-road capability

Reactions: shadow

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I'd really like something where I can take the roof and doors off when I get into the backcountry.

Too bad the Xterra isn't made anymore, I wasn't aware of that. I like Nissans and I'd heard good things about them.

I just got rid of an 04 SE-X terra.

It was a goddam beast. An underpowered and thirsty beast, but a ******* beast.

Wife didn't want the kids in it.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Maybe he is just efficient when it comes to sex.
Wait, people still have sex? My wife has told me for years it was just a fad that coincidentally ended the same time we got married. We tried to bring it back in style like twice, and we had kids from both times, so I assumed that was our lesson for trying to be trendsetters.

• Haha
  • Useful
Reactions: bstegs and cmjh10

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I just got rid of an 04 SE-X terra.

It was a goddam beast. An underpowered and thirsty beast, but a ******* beast.

Wife didn't want the kids in it.
Later models got a power upgrade, but still damn thirsty.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Wait, people still have sex? My wife has told me for years it was just a fad that coincidentally ended the same time we got married. We tried to bring it back in style like twice, and we had kids from both times, so I assumed that was our lesson for trying to be trendsetters.

So, what I’m hearing is don’t ever get married? Got it.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
On the newer models how do I get a CD player? Do I have to get an entertainment center? If so is it better to get one after market? Our current 2005 mini van probably is near end of life but we're nervous losing our CD player.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron