Minneapolis Beer spots

cyclone618

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 2, 2011
Ankeny
Also not a brewery but Butcher and the Boar has a great beer selection, and it is an awesome restaurant. When we were there in April for the Final Four they had 5 Toppling Goliath beers including Mornin’ Latte Stout. They had many others also. The rest aunt is pricey but the long rib is awesome. They have a more limited and reasonably priced menu in the beer garden.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For a group in St.P, Seventh Street Truck is a cool place.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Looks like that would add about an hour to my drive and then once I was over there I would feel like I would have to stop in Decorah, then Pivo, .....

And the problem with that is?;)

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Yes, it's #1 on my list.

Get the Rain Drops NE IPA. One of the best beers around.

If you want a fun beer adventure outside of the metro, head over to Casanova's in Hudson, WI. They have beers that aren't distributed to MN, and fill growlers with some great ones. Good restaurant attached to the liquor store, too.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Just got back and went to the following places bars/taprooms

Tin Whiskers
The Happy Gnome
Barrel Theory
Urban Growler
BlackStack
Clutch
The Nook

Barrel Theory was in a whole different league. Everything I had was excellent and Threat Level Midnight may be the best beer I've had this year. Also loved Slime Green Paint Peanut Butter inside, Rain Drops, and Ghost Train.

BlackStack has a large taproom. Had 2 or 3 beers and they were decent.

Urban Growler and Clutch had a few beers that were ok.

Tin Whiskers was probably the most disappointing to me. They had one good coffee nitro porter but everything else was pretty disappointing.

Went to the Nook for the Juicy Lucy. My wife prefers Matt's, I thought the Nook was a little better.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron