Mister Rogers Tribute

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
This video is an awesome remix made for PBS Digital. I watched Mister Rogers' Neighborhood all the time growing up and I'm sure a lot of you did as well. Check it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzXaFbxDcM]Mister Rogers Remixed | Garden of Your Mind | PBS Digital Studios - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I saw a story about Fred Rogers on Dateline or some similar show a few years before he passed. The reporter started the piece out by saying how he had dreaded having to do a story on somebody so weird and boring. He had done a 180 by the time he was done with the interview.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I saw a story about Fred Rogers on Dateline or some similar show a few years before he passed. The reporter started the piece out by saying how he had dreaded having to do a story on somebody so weird and boring. He had done a 180 by the time he was done with the interview.

That's really cool. To CyclonePride, I might try to get my hands on that book. Sounds like a good one.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hey Vikes won't you be my neighbor? :smile: I loved that show although the Lady Elaine Fairchild puppet gave my nightmares.

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I pretty much avoided this thread because, a remix really.

but, WOW!!! THAT was almost a moment for me.

My young children still to this day are captivated my MR R. They catch him whenever they can. Its strange to have grown up with someone that was had some special "powers" and was so universally important to people and never realize it.

longtimeclone

Dec 8, 2009
Up north
Good find I was not expecting that either. I am actually really surprised that PBS made that but I think they did a great job. I might have to check out some others

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
One of the cooler things from the book is a quote that I like, that was one of his personal mantras, and that came from a story he told on the show-

"Here is my secret. It's quite simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Good find I was not expecting that either. I am actually really surprised that PBS made that but I think they did a great job. I might have to check out some others
It's actually from the guy who does Symphony of Science where he's done a bunch of similar songs with science themes.

Symphony of Science

My personal favorite:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGK84Poeynk"]Symphony of Science - 'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye) - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron