Oklahoma- L
Kansas- W
Nebraska- L
Colorado- W
Missouri- L

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I'm with you on your realistic picks, except I would swap the W and L's on K-State and Tech. Tech still will have a lot more talent than we do, and that talent will overcome any issues they may have with the transition in coaching staffs and coaching philosophy. However, we shouldn't lose to K-State. We should have been able to drill them last year, and I don't see them as having gotten markedly better over the past year.

Your optimistic picks are right about where I would have them also. Even though Tech will have the talent advantage, that game is the one we may be able to get with some luck, though I don't expect it.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
The difference between your picks is a victory against KSU? I am sorry but my definition of optimism must be different than yours. I think optimistically we would be at the 8 win area.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The difference between your picks is a victory against KSU? I am sorry but my definition of optimism must be different than yours. I think optimistically we would be at the 8 win area.

Agree, realistically don't count us out of any game(even if we lose most of them we are suppose to). 7-5 wins
Oppomistically we pull a few of those games off and get to 8 wins....

clonomaniac

Apr 12, 2006
St Louis, MO
I'm with you on your realistic picks, except I would swap the W and L's on K-State and Tech.

Your optimistic picks are right about where I would have them also. Even though Tech will have the talent advantage, that game is the one we may be able to get with some luck, though I don't expect it.

I really think anything less than 5-7 is somewhat of a disappointment this season. We are loaded in offense, we should put up points every time our offense takes the field.

6-6 is what I see Paul Rhoads make happen this season. I will be extremely happy with a 6-6 this season. Anything beyond that will shock me :)

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I really think anything less than 5-7 is somewhat of a disappointment this season. We are loaded in offense, we should put up points every time our offense takes the field.

6-6 is what I see Paul Rhoads make happen this season. I will be extremely happy with a 6-6 this season. Anything beyond that will shock me :)

This is about how I see it as well, although "optimistically", I think we have a pretty decent shot at Utah at home. So I can see 7-5.

I'm only marking down L's against Iowa, NU, Texas and OU.

Don't have any certain W's (NIU and UNI leading the way there). So everything is to some degree a tossup.

Stay healthy, I like our chances against KSU in KC. New coaches/systems at KU and Tech give confidence. Just not sold on Mizzou or Utah but they are probably the toughest of them all. CU being away is troublesome, even with all their issues.

Last edited:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Agree, realistically don't count us out of any game(even if we lose most of them we are suppose to). 7-5 wins
Oppomistically we pull a few of those games off and get to 8 wins....

It will take a Herculean effort to beat OU, in Norman, coming off their open week. It might be the BCS conference upset of the year. Damn, that would be cool.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
It isnt truth until it has happened.

Thanks, bos. Posts like that of the OP drive me crazy. There are no "realistic" predictions at this point, only "optimistic" or "pessimistic". Just because some posters are afraid to allow themselves to be optimistic doesn't mean their predictions are any more "realistic" than others. How many of you "realists" had us winning at Nebraska last year?

Last edited: