Most annoying ritual in sports

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
When did it become a thing to trot around in the dugout with a trident or a samurai helmet or, gawd forbid, a powdered wig after you hit a home run? It has to be one of the silliest, newest, most annoying rituals in sports, right up there with the log chains, axes, title belts defenders run and grab after a securing a turnover in football.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
200w.gif

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
mine would be taking a sh*t on homeplate after a home run

or taking a dookie at midfield after a turnover

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
When did it become a thing to trot around in the dugout with a trident or a samurai helmet or, gawd forbid, a powdered wig after you hit a home run? It has to be one of the silliest, newest, most annoying rituals in sports, right up there with the log chains, axes, title belts defenders run and grab after a securing a turnover in football.

If they did stuff like this with golf, soccer or women's basketball, I might actually watch it.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Not a ritual, but I absolutely HATE the trend towards sudden defensive shifts on the line to try and force false starts. If the OL has to stay stationary, the DL should too.

I also hate that damn booger wipe thing they do for first downs. Seriously, is that attractive to anybody?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Not a ritual, but I absolutely HATE the trend towards sudden defensive shifts on the line to try and force false starts. If the OL has to stay stationary, the DL should too.

I also hate that damn booger wipe thing they do for first downs. Seriously, is that attractive to anybody?

Disagree. If the QB gets to try to draw an offsides/encroachment with hard snap counts when they already have every advantage in that regard, then the DL should have the same opportunity to attempt to draw a false start.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
DB's celebrating an incomplete pass after the QB threw it 10 yards away from the receiver
80s-aerobic-group-dance-0avl0sek3zebg2rt.gif
Expand this for about every routine play. RB runs 2 yds for a 1st down or CB tackles a RB after 4 yd gain. Great, you did your job.

Save the party for something special

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Disagree. If the QB gets to try to draw an offsides/encroachment with hard snap counts when they already have every advantage in that regard, then the DL should have the same opportunity to attempt to draw a false start.
Sure, as long as they aren't simulating the snap count or clap if a silent count is used. This is against the rules but it gets missed way too much.

Reactions: Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
But the DL gets a chance to get back into position, the OL can't even blink most games. If the OL got a chance to reset position prior to the snap like the DL can, I'd be fine with it.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone