Most Demoralizing Loss??

Most Demoralizing Loss

• Texas (2007 football: absolute beatdown)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Drake (2007 basketball: absolute beatdown)

Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Connecticut (2002 football: embarassing performance in final game of year)

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • Michigan St. (2000 basketball: had them on the ropes)

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • Hampton (2001 basketball: unforseen upset)

Votes: 91 39.4%
  • Missouri (2004 football: Big 12 North title chances dashed)

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • Kansas (2005 football: repeat of Missouri from previous year)

Votes: 33 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Also, demoralizing from a fan support view point. Chance to clinch the Big 12 North and we could only muster 40,000 if that. I don't care what the attendance figure was, if you were there you know what I'm talking about. It was an extremely bland crowd that didn't cheer much.

Try more like 32,000-35,000, that was embarrassment to all of college football.

I've never left Trice like that in my life, it was stone cold quiet all the way out, the Missouri fans were even quiet for us. I think they were scared for their lives if they said anything. I'll never, ever forget that feeling and I pray I never feel it again.

Landshark

Jan 23, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Baby steps. Had we even been competitive in that game, it might have been a difference in the way we played out the remainder of the season. We competed well against Texas, beat Missouri, got smoked even worse by K-State (58-7), then lost a competitive but fumble-filled game to Colorado. But that back-alley woodshedding by Oklahoma completely emasculated us--not only for the rest of the 2002 season, but throughout 2003 and perhaps early into 2004 as well. Our team psyche was completely cracked by that one game, and has enhanced by distaste for Bob Stoops a hundred fold.

I threw a party that day that started at 10:00. I had about 20 some people over, we were all stoked for ISU's coming out party to the world. Needless to say we went to the local sports bar after the game and I drank my sorrows away till midnight, my girlfriend (now wife) had to come pick me up.

I don't remember anything from that night, but she said I was bawling about how much I love Iowa State and how embarrassing we looked to the rest of the nation and Seneca lost the Heisman today and how much I love Iowa State and on and on and on....I'm surprised she married me after that night.:no:

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
What do most of these football losses have in common? BVD and Dan Mac.

Had BVD not went away & Jamie Pollard not arrived I am pretty sure that we would still be wallowing in Dan Mac's crapulence.

cy2win

May 15, 2006
All Iowa State home football games in the 90's losing to Iowa and that ***** Hayden Fry.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron