MLB: Most memorable baseball game you've attended?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My future brother in law playing in the State Tournament in high school. They faced a kid who weighed all of 3 bills, pitched some major heat and hit over .600. It was a long time ago, but I could swear he didn't even have to run the bases because they were allowed to sub for him to run the bases without taking him out of the game - like he batted for himself but had a designated runner rather than a designated hitter. It was an unreal advantage.

They lost of course but put up a hell of a fight.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I remember clearly the aftermath of (i forget his name) for Atlanta stopping at 2nd base in the 8th inning, seeing the ball in the outfield wasn't caught, and ending up at third with no outs and then not being able to score. His base running error ended up costing Atlanta the World Series. The HQ for my dad's company was in Atlanta and he brought home some Atlanta newspapers a week or so after the game. Their sportswriters were brutal to this guy.

Lonnie Smith. 1991 was just an absolutely incredible WS.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I remember clearly the aftermath of (i forget his name) for Atlanta stopping at 2nd base in the 8th inning, seeing the ball in the outfield wasn't caught, and ending up at third with no outs and then not being able to score. His base running error ended up costing Atlanta the World Series. The HQ for my dad's company was in Atlanta and he brought home some Atlanta newspapers a week or so after the game. Their sportswriters were brutal to this guy.

That would be Lonnie Smith.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Cubs at Cardinals in St. Louis in August 2010. I witnessed Carlos Marmol get a save with the bases loaded and Albert Pujols on deck. People still don't believe me.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Can't decide between these two:

1. 2014 AL Wildcard Game Royals win 2014 Wild Card Game against the A's in 12 innings, 9-8. Amazing comebacks from down 7-3 in the 8th, 7-6 in the 9th, then again in the 12th down 8-7. Sat in the very top row of the K with a friend. Got home at like 2 in the morning. Spurred an 8 game winning streak that lasted until the World Series.

2. 2015 ALCS Game 6. Royals beat Blue Jays 4-3 to go to World Series. Sat in Diamond Club, right behind home plate with free work tickets and my favorite client. Rain delay in 8th, just extra time to party at the Diamond Club Bar. Lorenzo Cain scores from 1st on Hosmer's single in the 8th! Wade Davis strikes out the side in the 9th after allowing 1st and 3rd with nobody out.

Honorable Mention:

3. 2014 World Series Game 2 - Diamond Club with clients, only WS game I've attended. Royals won 10-0 over Giants.

4. 2014 ALCS Game 4 - Royals sweep Orioles to advance to World Series. Went to work in the morning, found a good deal on Stub Hub, decided to take the afternoon off. Took wife, sat in cheap seats. Stayed in the parking lot for 3 hours after the game partying with friends.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Yankees v Sox at fenway. Close game, Boston fans chanting Yankees suck, which I support fully. Papplebon coming out to a raucous crowd with dropkick Murphys blaring. Incredible atmosphere.

Reactions: LutherBlue

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
My mom is a huge Cubs fan and I took her to Wrigley a few years ago. She had only been there once before, about 40 years earlier. She drank two beers. TWO!!!!!! I will NEVER forget that.
Awesome. I finally got my mom to her first Cardinals game when she was in her early 70s, preceded by an Anheuser-Busch brewery tour. I also took her to World Series games in 2006 and 2013.

Had a great time at the Cards' pennant clinching wins over the Astros in St. Louis (2004) and the Brewers at Miller Park (2011).

I had the best seats of my life - front row by the on-deck circle - to see Jose Jimenez no-hit the Diamondbacks. The Big Unit struck out 16 or 17 Cardinals in that game only to be the losing pitcher if I'm remembering correctly.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Attended a 3 game series between the Twins and the Yankees in August of 1969 at old Metropolitan Stadium.
The Twins completed a three game sweep on Sunday August 24 winning 1-0. Attended with 2 Yankee fans so the ride home was really sweet. Still have the ticket stub.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Saw Nolan Ryan strike out about 20 (and walk a dozen) and of course lose 1-0 to Jim Palmer in 14 innings.

Anaheim.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Yankees v Sox at fenway. Close game, Boston fans chanting Yankees suck, which I support fully. Papplebon coming out to a raucous crowd with dropkick Murphys blaring. Incredible atmosphere.
I caught a Yankees/Sox game at Fenway back in 2011, it was a Sunday night game. Must of just gone to a bad one because it was one of the most boring games I've been too.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I went to quite a few games at Met Stadium, never any post season games. The only really memorable game was in 1977( I think). Mid summer and Carew was flirting with .400 and I am pretty sure he got four hits (possibly only three) but he got over .400 when the game was over. White Sox were wearing shorts that day.
Other than that, just seeing some of the greats on other teams. Mantle, Frank Robinson. My big disappointment, never seeing my all time favorite (Killebrew) hit a home run. I got to go to at least one game from 1964 till it closed. I never liked the dome and only went to three games there.