Most Pompous POS?

Who Is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Good call. Colorado sure thought they were onto something after 3 wins especially with the upset of a TCU team that ended up being very average. Then Oregon happened. Followed by one more win. Can't imagine the hype rollercoaster will turnout to be worth it. They clearly valued splash over substance.

It's already been worth it. The amount of money Boulder has made by bringing in Deon has been huge. The broke Sports department at Colorado has made a windfall of money to help pay former coaches. We will see over time if he is a good coach. However, he could totally fail and it still would have been worth it for CU.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
It's already been worth it. The amount of money Boulder has made by bringing in Deon has been huge. The broke Sports department at Colorado has made a windfall of money to help pay former coaches. We will see over time if he is a good coach. However, he could totally fail and it still would have been worth it for CU.
Are there numbers on that? Publicity for sure but did the revenue offset what they are paying him plus what they still owe Dorrell? Might totally be the case. They are certainly in a position to try for a moonshot. Bigger contract aside I'm sure Deion has an expensive list of needs around the program too.

The 'worth it' I was getting at is building back a program that 30 years ago had national championship aspirations with names like Kordell Stewart, Michael Westbrook and Rashaan Salaam. Not fair to judge any coach's success on their first season, but the Coach Prime sideshow seems to be more about the splash rather than building a foundation brick by brick.

Maybe the bottom line is: if he's successful he will jump to the next rung on the ladder, if he burns out the job becomes a tough sell again.

Edit: Didn't realize they actually WON the NC in 1990.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Are there numbers on that? Publicity for sure but did the revenue offset what they are paying him plus what they still owe Dorrell? Might totally be the case. They are certainly in a position to try for a moonshot. Bigger contract aside I'm sure Deion has an expensive list of needs around the program too.

The 'worth it' I was getting at is building back a program that 30 years ago had national championship aspirations with names like Kordell Stewart, Michael Westbrook and Rashaan Salaam. Not fair to judge any coach's success on their first season, but the Coach Prime sideshow seems to be more about the splash rather than building a foundation brick by brick.

Maybe the bottom line is: if he's successful he will jump to the next rung on the ladder, if he burns out the job becomes a tough sell again.

Edit: Didn't realize they actually WON the NC in 1990.

They said the first weekend they played at home it brought in an extra 31 million to the boulder community

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
KU basketball fans rank pretty high too, (along with Bill Self).

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Joey Galloway. Seconds after we beat Oregon in the Fiesta bowl, he just went on about how Campbell was going to leave. Couldn't even let us enjoy the win for 15 seconds.

Reactions: VeloClone

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Worth it? Meh, as someone with several relatives in Colorado who have some ties to Colorado, the jury's out.

Yes, financially money has been coming in.

No, if he fails will they see it as "worth it". Because if they ever do have to fire him and he doesn't leave before then... yeah...

definetely not worth it to them at that point.

Best case for them his all portal, no development approach gets them to a bowl or two, he leaves and then a program guy comes in and they can sustain what they had done previously. That is their hope.

Or even if he keeps losing someone pulls an Auburn with Chizik and comes and gets him.

No one there thinks he's staying long term. They are just hoping either they get bailed out or even better, win a little and then he leaves because that's their win-win scenario.

Because if they have to fire him, a lot of that money goes into paying for the old and new staff and a lot of the ad revenue and what not likely leave with him. So, while they are happy with the new income, they don't look at it as already being completely "worth" it.

A benefit? yes. A good start, yes. But they didn't bring him in thinking "oh, this dude's going to get us a bunch of adverts" they knew that was going to happen but the idea was that they'd start winning. If that doesn't happen, they're not going to think of it as a worthy project but thats just what I've been told

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I personally enjoyed the Sic'em 365 guys going through these names for Sankey yesterday and Saddam Husankey was my favorite.
Me too, forgot that. That was Probably their best podcast ever.

Help Support Us

Become a patron