Who Is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Coach Prime

Neon Deion
Good call. Colorado sure thought they were onto something after 3 wins especially with the upset of a TCU team that ended up being very average. Then Oregon happened. Followed by one more win. Can't imagine the hype rollercoaster will turnout to be worth it. They clearly valued splash over substance.

Last edited:

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
I’m gonna do it. You can come at me. I’m willing to take it.

I like Paul Finebaum. I listened a lot 10-15 years ago when he was on WJOX. It was good sports talk radio. I even remember listening when the crazy guy called in and said he poisoned the toomer’s corner trees.

I wish the Big 12 had a homer. I’m also tired of Desmond, herbie, klatt, kannell, etc. Where’s our guy?

Read this article. He’s the OG troll of the SEC and also the voice of the league. If you’re gonna fanboy Stanford Steve because he wore a Jack Trice jacket one time, read the article, understand who Finebaum is, and understand why the decision to leave FSU out (which I personally disagree with) has been cultivated for over 20 years.

Bama made it. He’ll troll the bama callers this week about their loss to Texas. Bama doesn’t make it. He’ll troll the Georgia callers about blowing it. And then asking if they want Kirby smart fired.

This is an old article. But it’s what Finebaum is all about. Just read it

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Finebaum because that SOB sold his soul to the and is their mouth piece 24/7 on ESPN. He will rip every other conference and teams from other conferences but gives all glory to the SEC.

Helser 83

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 7, 2022
I guess I'm a little surprised at these results. I must be a bigger Rece hater than most. I mean Finebaum is getting paid to be a talking head for the SEC so I expect his usual takes, but Rece is just an ahole for all things he deems below the royals.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Finebaum is a d*ck with ears!! Locally it is Jon Sears from WHO-TV. Chin less and a big hawk homer. Funny they sent the local sports guy who covers Iowa State out to Indy. Sears figured Iowa was gonna get spanked and bailed on going out there. Douche canoe that he is.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Any poll without SEC boss Sankey seems incomplete.

As soon as I saw him on screen Saturday and his comments I knew the fix was in

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Rece because he pretends to not be a homer dbag.

Finebaum just is what he has always been and they should have never made him into a national guy but they did.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
I stopped watching any college football coverage on major networks years ago when I realized the shows were just propaganda pieces to prop up the conferences and teams they had the most money invested in.

Last night once all the ESPN talking heads started pimping Alabama over FSU I knew it was a done deal already. It was probably decided a few days ago that if Alabama beat Georgia, they'd be in over FSU, no matter what FSU did. The networks have too much money invested in the SEC. They NEED them to continue to be the top dog in college football.

Florida State played and beat 12 P5 teams this season. That's unreal. That included wins against SEC teams vs. LSU on a neutral field and at Florida.

Alabama's schedule included 3 games against Chattanooga, Middle Tennessee and South Florida. The SEC still only play 8 conference games, giving everyone in that conference essentially one more "gimme" game than all the other P5 schools have, inflating the win/loss totals of the entire conference.
Even Pete on Heartland College Sports said no FSU because they have injuries. That was the justification. Unbelievable.

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Rece because he pretends to not be a homer dbag.

Finebaum just is what he has always been and they should have never made him into a national guy but they did.
ESPN is literally the Big 10 and SEC network.

And the college football playoff is essentially the Big 10 and SEC tournament (Yes, Washington and Texas ) are not full fledged members yet but 100% both conferences are going to claim their participation - and possible - victory if it comes down to it

Reactions: Letterkenny

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I’m gonna do it. You can come at me. I’m willing to take it.

I like Paul Finebaum. I listened a lot 10-15 years ago when he was on WJOX. It was good sports talk radio. I even remember listening when the crazy guy called in and said he poisoned the toomer’s corner trees.

I wish the Big 12 had a homer. I’m also tired of Desmond, herbie, klatt, kannell, etc. Where’s our guy?

Read this article. He’s the OG troll of the SEC and also the voice of the league. If you’re gonna fanboy Stanford Steve because he wore a Jack Trice jacket one time, read the article, understand who Finebaum is, and understand why the decision to leave FSU out (which I personally disagree with) has been cultivated for over 20 years.

Bama made it. He’ll troll the bama callers this week about their loss to Texas. Bama doesn’t make it. He’ll troll the Georgia callers about blowing it. And then asking if they want Kirby smart fired.

This is an old article. But it’s what Finebaum is all about. Just read it

KLATT?!?! Klatt may be the best in the college football world. Even he can have bad takes, but that dude is a genuine as they come and calls **** out the way it should be almost every time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Good call. Colorado sure thought they were onto something after 3 wins especially with the upset of a TCU team that ended up being very average. Then Oregon happened. Followed by one more win. Can't imagine the hype rollercoaster will turnout to be worth it. They clearly valued splash over substance.

I think almost everybody understandably took notice opening the season with beating the defending national runner up.

Turned out that close win meant Colorado was a level or two below Iowa State.

The crazy thing is barely beating 5-7 TCU is easily their best performance of entire season. So it was their best game...just not that impressive in reality.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ESPN is literally the Big 10 and SEC network.

And the college football playoff is essentially the Big 10 and SEC tournament (Yes, Washington and Texas ) are not full fledged members yet but 100% both conferences are going to claim their participation - and possible - victory if it comes down to it

To me it's almost refreshing to bring in some old geezer who is already a professional SEC boot licker for decades. It's at least more honest than what Rece and others try to pull off.

Reactions: stewart092284

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Paul by a mile. Reece is terrible but at least we have a point of reference with Fowler to compare him too. Paul is just a wannabe Stephen A

Reactions: Letterkenny

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
To me it's almost refreshing to bring in some old geezer who is already a professional SEC boot licker for decades. It's at least more honest than what Rece and others try to pull off.
Correct. The arrogance of the announcers was hard to listen to in the ACC game. They acted like it was beneath them.

And even the commercial right before the announcement - Florida State I believe was mentioned 5th. I was like - oh, well, that answers that.

They tried so hard to pretend to be unbiased. And fall