SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
shutterstock_editorial_13844816n-1679894433.jpg

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
I stopped watching any college football coverage on major networks years ago when I realized the shows were just propaganda pieces to prop up the conferences and teams they had the most money invested in.

Last night once all the ESPN talking heads started pimping Alabama over FSU I knew it was a done deal already. It was probably decided a few days ago that if Alabama beat Georgia, they'd be in over FSU, no matter what FSU did. The networks have too much money invested in the SEC. They NEED them to continue to be the top dog in college football.

Florida State played and beat 12 P5 teams this season. That's unreal. That included wins against SEC teams vs. LSU on a neutral field and at Florida.

Alabama's schedule included 3 games against Chattanooga, Middle Tennessee and South Florida. The SEC still only play 8 conference games, giving everyone in that conference essentially one more "gimme" game than all the other P5 schools have, inflating the win/loss totals of the entire conference.

Last edited:

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Write in ballot for Greg Sankey
Sankteymonious prick.

Remember when he was saying this summer (and I paraphrase) "all these other conferences expanding are destroying traditional rivalries, our expansion restores rivalries"

Nevermind that the SEC started all this and ended rivalries 15 years ago when they poached big 12 teams.

Reactions: VeloClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I stopped watching any college football coverage on major networks years ago when I realized the shows were just propaganda pieces to prop up the conferences and teams they had the most money invested in.

Last night once all the ESPN talking heads started pimping Alabama over FSU I knew it was a done deal already. It was probably decided a few days ago that if Alabama beat Georgia, they'd be in over FSU, no matter what FSU did. The networks have too much money invested in the SEC. They NEED them to continue to be the top dog in college football.

Florida State beat played and beat 12 P5 teams this season. That's unreal. Tat included wins against SEC teams vs. LSU on a neutral field and at Florida.

Alabama's schedule included 3 games against Chattanooga, Middle Tennessee and South Florida. The SEC still only play 8 conference games, giving everyone in that conference essentially one more "gimme" game than all the other P5 schools have, inflating the win/loss totals of the entire conference.
I agree with you but FSU played and beat 11 P5's.

Reactions: Letterkenny

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron