Most surprising road win

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
I’m stunned by the team performance last night and trying to compare this road win to others in the recent past. Beating Nebraska under CPR, Tex A&M, OU w/back up QB? Any others that come to mind?
OU takes this. At least since 2000, there was a big road upset in Lincoln in early 90s wasn’t there?

Dgilbertson

Sep 16, 2023
You're probably thinking of '92 Seiler game, but that was in Ames.

ISU won in Lincoln in '77 and '09, lost all the others in between.
It’s OU and then maybe not most surprising, but the Seneca/Banks duel in IC was a pretty epic comeback.

And considering they would’ve won the BCS title that year if not for us…:cool:

Reactions: cyclones500

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Idk about surprising, but it’s satisfying to dominate a team on their home field, in a place/time that is considered tough to play at.

At the game, BYU fans got loud when they needed to, but we took the wind out of their sails pretty quick

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
OU 2017 is the most surprising....on paper, we had no business winning that game, but that's why we play the games.....this could be said for any of Lincoln Riley's teams, but if that team had even an average defense, they could've won it all

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
I’m stunned by the team performance last night and trying to compare this road win to others in the recent past. Beating Nebraska under CPR, Tex A&M, OU w/back up QB? Any others that come to mind?
Slaughtering Texas Tech 41-7 in 2011 right after Tech had beaten OU 41-38 the week before.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
That Tech team ended up 5-7.

Iin the present and retrospect OU '17 is king.
Yeah, but we had no way of knowing that at the time. At the time, they had just beaten OU and were 5-2 on the year. Meanwhile, we were 3-4, losers of 4 in a row, and going nowhere. I just remember having to work on that particular Saturday and trying to keep up with the scoring online at work. I could not believe it when I saw us score and score some more while they weren't scoring. Besides, the question was most surprising road win, not most meaningful or best road win.

Help Support Us

Become a patron