Mother's Pub - Ames

trigger1

May 21, 2008
Ames
Wondering what folks can tell me about Mother's Pub in Ames. Crowd, atmosphere, etc. Apparently hasn't been open long, but I just learned about it. Just west of campus, where Dugan's Deli was if I understand right. Interested in several of the upcoming shows, but since I'm just "a little older" than nearly all college student, don't want to feel out of place. Just interested in a laid back place to enjoy some good live music and a few cold brews.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Dueling Guitars (Brian Congdon and Brad Seidenfeld) play there on Thursday nights occasional. Definitely worth the trip as these guys are awesome. Besides that Mother's is owned by the same people who owned Peoples. They have a lot of the same specials. It used to be the Bohiem before that. Very nice place.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Great bar with a varied crowd. Some of the older crowd and some of the younger crowd.

Try the "57 Chevy"

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wondering what folks can tell me about Mother's Pub in Ames. Crowd, atmosphere, etc. Apparently hasn't been open long, but I just learned about it. Just west of campus, where Dugan's Deli was if I understand right. Interested in several of the upcoming shows, but since I'm just "a little older" than nearly all college student, don't want to feel out of place. Just interested in a laid back place to enjoy some good live music and a few cold brews.

Really showing your age, aren't you? :wink:

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA

Crowd is pretty mixed depending on which night you go and what's going on. Sometimes it can be a ton of young people, and other times it's the older crowd....

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Speaking of deli, is there any really good local delis in Ames? Not a chain.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa

Bagels with cream cheese and the Big Mother.