Moved Threads

glsweet

Jan 4, 2008
Iowa
When a thread says 'Moved', is there a way to find where it has been moved? I looked for a thread that was so marked and could not find it in any of the other forums.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
If a thread says Moved but you can't follow the link - it means it's been removed from public view for one reason or another - typically because something was against the site rules.

You'll notice that there are a few threads that have been talking about a new website and those haven't been allowed because of the feelings of a majority of the members of CF that it's nothing but a money grab by individuals that don't care about the consumer or the University. I won't get into that at all but that would probably explain the threads you're referring to.

hort4cy

Jun 29, 2006
Randalia, IA
So new endeavors related to Cyclone sports, etc can't be discussed here because members have a perceived intent of the individual(s) involved?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
So new endeavors related to Cyclone sports, etc can't be discussed here because members have a perceived intent of the individual(s) involved?

There is a difference between perceived and proven. In this case the word proven would be a better word choice.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
yes, they even took down my post of criticism of that unnamed money grabbing site, which is their rite.....Just so they don't take down my posts when I rail against the EASTERN OWA THUG REHAB CENTER

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
So, for those of us who haven't heard about this and are completely clueless, is there a private place we can go to learn about this without discussing it? All of this subterfuge has piqued my interest. If not, I of course respect the site rules, just wondering what all of the whispering is about.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Some sites are positive for ISU and others not so much. Either way, CF has decided to not promote the poor sites or degrade the positve sites in a public forum. Best way to handle this is to not discuss other Cyclone sites at all.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I know everybody has the right to an opinion and a right to voice that opinion - that's why I created CF in the first place and why I've turned down business opportunities so I could keep CF going as it is and completely free.

In regards to the topic being discussed - I personally do not think certain individuals should be perceived as good voices of Cyclone athletics when it's been proven time and time again that they have nothing but their own wealth as their motives and they've repeatedly crapped on fellow Cyclone die-hards that had trusted them with their money. I take it personally when fellow Cyclones are taken advantage of time and time again with no remorse. It's with that feeling that I simply don't want to give these person/persons any extra publicity.

I don't care if members decide to visit the rogue site but I don't want to be an outlet of any extra publicity for said site. I have no problem with Paul Clark and the great product he has at CycloneReport or the Iowa State Daily or DM Register, etc but I just cannot fathom allowing discussion around this other individual(s) site that could cause members to get swindled out of more money that they probably won't see a return on.