Mr. Irrelevant signs deal

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Likely only the signing bonus is guaranteed, so he'll have to make the team to see any more of that contract, but I'm confident he can do it!
He will get paid during training camp, not sure the amount but that and OTAs will earn him some.

Reactions: aauummm

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Likely only the signing bonus is guaranteed, so he'll have to make the team to see any more of that contract, but I'm confident he can do it!
Correct unlike MLB which are fully guaranteed, NFL contracts are set up that only the signing bonus is guaranteed, to get any more, you have to make the team. This allows the team to cut a player, but if they do so, a portion of their salary goes against the salary cap of the team.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloneon

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Okay, fantasy football players. Do I try to win this year, or do I try to start an all Iowa State lineup?

All we might need is a Jimmy G trade and a Trey Lance injury to potentially see Purdy get some game action. If 49ers are playoff contenders, they probably don't start Purdy in that scenario, but if they aren't, it could happen.

My league is non-standard. QB, RB, WR, RB/WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, D.

I could go with this.
Purdy
Hall
Lazard
Montgomery
Kolar
Allen or Soehner
Mevis (hoping he makes the Jaguars roster, but probably not)
Broncos or Chiefs

In that league, I'm with other Iowa State fans and its an auction, so I probably can't get them all, but theoretically, if I picked up a good QB, WR and decent TE, I could compete with that lineup. However, if Purdy was ever going to start, I'd go with that lineup, fantasy football results be damned.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Minimum contract for a drafted player. Basically what all 7th rounders got.
Other than the signing bonus, all contracts are annual and he will have to make the team to get approximately $920,000/year. If u get cut after playing 8 games, the u make 8/17ths of the $920,000. I have no idea what the signing bonus was, if any.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Other than the signing bonus, all contracts are annual and he will have to make the team to get approximately $920,000/year. If u get cut after playing 8 games, the u make 8/17ths of the $920,000. I have no idea what the signing bonus was, if any.
90,660 for a signing bonus. The player salaries are basically set for the rookies pre-draft. He knew what he was getting (which is more than UFA make) when he was drafted.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Okay, fantasy football players. Do I try to win this year, or do I try to start an all Iowa State lineup?

All we might need is a Jimmy G trade and a Trey Lance injury to potentially see Purdy get some game action. If 49ers are playoff contenders, they probably don't start Purdy in that scenario, but if they aren't, it could happen.

My league is non-standard. QB, RB, WR, RB/WR, RB/WR/TE, TE, K, D.

I could go with this.
Purdy
Hall
Lazard
Montgomery
Kolar
Allen or Soehner
Mevis (hoping he makes the Jaguars roster, but probably not)
Broncos or Chiefs

In that league, I'm with other Iowa State fans and its an auction, so I probably can't get them all, but theoretically, if I picked up a good QB, WR and decent TE, I could compete with that lineup. However, if Purdy was ever going to start, I'd go with that lineup, fantasy football results be damned.
OR, if they can lock up a playoff spot, they can rest their starters the last couple weeks and Brock can get some good minutes. As a Seahawks fan I'm conflicted. Plus all the Clones that signed with the Rams... *sigh*