mred's Football Standings Calculator (BETA)

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

Jerry Palm must be smoking too much with these predictions... ISU in the Liberty Bowl??? He has Texas (Cheeze-it) and K-state (Texas) ahead of us...

Is this a joke?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonepride

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think in all these scenarios that it’s not going to play out that nicely. There’s a lot of football left and somebody is gonna have one of those “wow I didn’t expect them to lose to that team” kind of things happen. Like one of the midtier teams is going to get a win over somebody that’s toward the top. I just pray that it’s not us.

Reactions: Statefan10

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
1. Baylor (8 - 1) Defeated Oklahoma based on head-to-head wins (1-0).
2. Oklahoma (8 - 1) Lost to Baylor based on head-to-head wins (0-1).
3. Iowa St (7 - 2) Defeated Okla St based on head-to-head wins (1-0).
4. Okla St (7 - 2) Lost to Iowa St based on head-to-head wins (0-1).
5. Texas (5 - 4)
6. Kansas St (4 - 5)
7. TCU (2 - 7)
Defeated Texas Tech based on head-to-head wins (1-0).
8. Texas Tech (2 - 7) Lost to TCU based on head-to-head wins (0-1).
9. Kansas (1 - 8) Defeated W Virginia based on head-to-head wins (1-0).
10. W Virginia (1 - 8) Lost to Kansas based on head-to-head wins (0-1).

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Jerry Palm must be smoking too much with these predictions... ISU in the Liberty Bowl??? He has Texas (Cheeze-it) and K-state (Texas) ahead of us...

Is this a joke?

It's Jerry Palm. I'm surprised he didn't have all 14 Big Ten teams in a bowl game.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: cyfan92 and CRCySpy

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
This would be ideal to me but there is no way OU drops 3 straight to us, OSU and Baylor.

Exactly. When they lost consecutive conference games last year to KSU and then ISU, it had been a very long time since that had happened. I can't imagine how long it has been since they lost THREE conference games in a row!

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Man I wished we could play Baylor or Iowa again. Having no shot at CFP stinks. I know Big 12 is still there but this season lined up for more than that. (My preseason expectation was 9-10 wins so I sound hypocritical I know.)

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

Is this a joke?
First, yes, Jerry Palm is joke. He was too inaccurate to be a weatherman (too soon?) so ESPN hired him to project the NCAA tournament brackets 364 days in advance. It keeps him busy and prevents him from doing damage to the rest of the world. He is basically Ralph Wiggum.

Most of the bowl projections you see, some fool takes the current conference standings, and lines them up with the bowl list. There's zero thought put into where teams will actually end up in their conference.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
If we lose to Oklahoma then we really need them to turn around and beat Oklahoma St. That would give us the tiebreaker. Then that leaves Baylor to contend with. They would need to lose 2 more games then for us to jump them. They'll probably lose to Oklahoma, then have to hope Texas or K-State can pull the upset.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
If we lose to Oklahoma then we really need them to turn around and beat Oklahoma St. That would give us the tiebreaker. Then that leaves Baylor to contend with. They would need to lose 2 more games then for us to jump them. They'll probably lose to Oklahoma, then have to hope Texas or K-State can pull the upset.

Baylor is arch enemy #1. We need to cheer for everyone they play against since we dropped a game to them already. If we take care of business against everyone but OU... I doubt we get into the championship game as BU and OSU look good right now

Help Support Us

Become a patron