MSP beer shopping

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
Heading over to MSP for the holiday. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go that will have a large selection of craft beer? I wanna load up on Surly and maybe a few more that I can't find here in Wisconsin.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
There's a Total Wine in Roseville. France 44 in Minneapolis has a good selection. The best is in Hudson, WI though...they have Toppling Goliath.

Reactions: mfelske

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
There's a Total Wine in Roseville. France 44 in Minneapolis has a good selection. The best is in Hudson, WI though...they have Toppling Goliath.

So, I looked up Hudson, WI out of curiosity. And now I feel really, really dumb. I totally did not realize that the twin cities were THAT close to Wisconsin! I need to go back to elementary school...

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin

Thanks. I think Total Wine is the one I was thinking of that someone had a thread about before, but I couldn't find it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Hudson is a cool town. Is the liquor store kind of built into a cave? Think I've seen that before.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Thanks. I think Total Wine is the one I was thinking of that someone had a thread about before, but I couldn't find it.

There is also a location in Bloomington if you'll be over there. Also, you may already know this since you are so close but remember that alcohol stores are closed on Sundays over here.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
Have a good trip, and post pictures of your haul.

It probably goes without saying, but none of these places are open on Sundays due to Minnesota's alcohol sales laws, so take that into consideration with your planning.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
  1. Blue Max Liquors in Burnsville has a great selection. Wine Thief Ale Jail in St Paul is probably the best though.

Last edited:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Just went to the new Four Firkins last week. It is small, but has lots of great stuff. Get some good Minnesota beer from Bent Paddle, Indeed, Surly, etc.

My favorite places in the cities are Blue Max, Dennis Brothers, Zipp's, Four Firkins, and the aforementioned Casanova. Note that Casanova has a great list of growler fills that rotates, although you can't get Toppling Goliath in growlers anymore, just a limited selection of bombers.

Stay away from Total Wine and go with one of these. Support your independently owned places!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron