MUST READ IF YOU"RE BUYING TICKETS IN CHICAGO

DutchViking

Feb 20, 2012
Pella
I bought mine off of StubHub and UPS just dropped them off. They don't look like the fancy ticket from earlier in the thread. They look like a regular ticket but do have a hologram with the NCAA symbol and the word CHAMPIONSHIPS in it so I think they can look a couple different ways.

My tickets from StubHub also came in the mail today that look like Ticketmaster tickets and have the NCAA Championships hologram on it. I think it's legit, but it is nice to have the StubHub Fan Protect Guarantee for a refund if not.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That is what my Des Moines tickets looked like but not my St. Louis tickets... They looked like standard event tickets purchased through NCAA/ticketmaster.

Same with mine.

imp

Mar 21, 2016
Looking at the fake tickets earlier in the thread bears two important things...

1) Familiarize yourself with face value of the tickets you are trying to purchase. Fakes frequently have that wrong. Why, if they post a fake value they can try to convince you they paid more for it. Bilk you out of more money.

2) Familiarize yourself with the venue, sometimes they make mistakes and list seats that don't even exist in the venue.

That being said, some of the blame falls on the NCAA not doing enough. These tickets are like Super Bowl or World Series tickets in value. Those tickets have many security features. Color shifting ink, holograms, the logos are embossed. That is stuff that is tough to replicate. These big time events also set up scanning stations where you can read if the bar code is valid. They have a website promoting the security features so people know what to look for. So its total BS that the NCAA goes the cheap route and doesn't do so.

My sympathy to the victims, it makes me angry.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
Another example of a fake.

Attachments

• 2016-03-24 01.29.20.png
    2016-03-24 01.29.20.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 117

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
Hey so I think I saw you could call the United Center to verify tickets? Any one have that number handy?

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
Another set of fake tickets...much more realistic than some have posted. Watch out!
attachment.php

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 266

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
Compare it to tickets earlier in thread. Those are legit

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008
Real on left. Fake on right. Many differences if you look closely
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 204

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
Met a guy who tried to sell me fakes. Fairly obvious ones though.

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
Then what did you do? "Hey, look over there", then run?

I said "sorry those don't look like any of the tickets I've seen." He didn't try to argue, or show me the "proof of purchase" he claimed to have had and walked away. I then got the hell out of there using an Uber as I was carrying 1K in cash.

Someone else from CL or maybe the same guy texted me a picture of tickets that look the same or similar. I don't know how to post pic otherwise I would. Tickets are gray and white, lack a hologram, felt fake and don't look like souvenir tickets posted earlier or "regular" ticket with hologram I had in Denver.