Muted excitement?

TrailCy

Mar 3, 2021
It seems like off of CF the buzz around football starting is quite muted compared to previous years. The ticket exchange on here is full of tickets (seems like more than normal) and there has to be at least 20,000 on ticketmaster.

Besides the gambling stuff, which I doubt affects hardcore fans attending vs not attending, does anyone else sense a lack of excitement?

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Absolutely. Tons of question marks on this team. No one really knows how good or bad we will be. I think everyone has been quietly waiting to see how we look tomorrow.

Reactions: Cyclone06

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Muted is fair. There's just so much uncertainty, and we're all gunshy about any game involving UNI. A decisive win would go a long way in ramping up to CyHawk week.

We won't have a sellout, but probably pushing 58-59k. I was expecting to see a sold out stadium at KU tonight, but there are still a ton of empty seats. Our fanbase supports this team way more than they've deserved historically.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think us sickos have our excitement dampened because this offseason sucked.

You have to remember there are like 40k+ people going to the games that don’t follow any of this stuff. But they also don’t post on twitter and here.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No matter the expectations the UNI game has been like pulling teeth lately and add in so many unknowns, it's hard to be geared up.

I just hope ESPN+ works tomorrow.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Also judging by CF, there has to be atleast 20,000 people who have no idea how to now use the new ticket system. My guess is that where your sales are from.
We are old and have iPhones but somehow figured it out I hope. Helps that we are going in together so didn’t try to figure out transferring one to my phone.

More worried about heat and water refilling.

Reactions: NWICY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
With the gambling thing, us being predicted to finish last or second to last in the conference, and then the record heat on top of it... that is not a good combination. I think it's going to be embarrassingly empty tomorrow.

It's all self inflicted though. CMC had better not complain about it. His team won 4 games last season and only one conference win... then he had 5 critical starters all go against everything he preaches and be selfish and not think of 'the team' and get themselves in trouble. Can't do anything about the heat, but if we were coming off a better season, and had 5 starters not basically been kicked off the team, and experts picking us to win 9 games... the place would be almost full.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Qb competent and line play looking better and I'll feel better

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I'm excited to see some of the new faces, but also realistic knowing this could be another tough year.

Reactions: aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
With the gambling thing, us being predicted to finish last or second to last in the conference, and then the record heat on top of it... that is not a good combination. I think it's going to be embarrassingly empty tomorrow.

It's all self inflicted though. CMC had better not complain about it. His team won 4 games last season and only one conference win... then he had 5 critical starters all go against everything he preaches and be selfish and not think of 'the team' and get themselves in trouble. Can't do anything about the heat, but if we were coming off a better season, and had 5 starters not basically been kicked off the team, and experts picking us to win 9 games... the place would be almost full.

The team apparently moved on from the gambling thing in April and why would CMC complain about it?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I'll agree with a lot of your diatribe but it will not be embarrassingly empty. Cyclone fans always show to the early games. Even with it being way to warm I predict a announced attendance of over 52,000