My cap city observations and HD Video Highlights

swimmercy

Dec 16, 2008
Ankeny
Here is a link to a few HD highlights I put together of Chris Babb, Darion Anderson, and DeMarcus Phillips from Sunday's Cap City games.

Posted this over on CR, Not a single reply or comment wanted to see what you guys thought.
Observations:
DeMarcus Phillips: Bigger than I had anticipated. Good handle. More of a scorer than a shooter based on what I saw.

Darion Anderson: Had a few good passes. Pretty good first step. Don't remember him shooting any jumpers. Had a few bad turnovers.

Chris Babb: Good size. Really nice stroke from deep. Mixed it up a little inside, but mostly hung around the three point line.

Melvin Ejim: Only saw 10 minutes of his game. Looked solid. Athletic.

Link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MtANqGPGFM"]YouTube - Capital City League ISU Highlights 6-20-10[/ame]

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Thanks. I've always heard about the Cap City League but this is the first time I've seen what it looks like. Appreciate it.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I think the kid that missed the dunk at the 1:50 mark is my work study student.

Good video though. Thanks for posting.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
DeMarcus Phillips. Had a great array of hesitation, and change of pace moves that allowed him to get to the rim pretty much any time he wanted to.

Phillips reminds me of a slightly bigger Mike Taylor. Is anyone else seeing that?

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
Hmmm. Somebody asked about a Mike Taylor comparison and I hadn't though of that ... so here goes. They are actually about the same height and have the same build, Phillips may have 10lbs or so on MT when he played and Phillips is more physical but yeah, they look very similar. But the game each brings to table is very different. Taylor was a much, much better outside shooter and better at creating open space for a shot. He could penetrate and go to the rack if needed. Phillips game is exactly the opposite. He penetrates and is much better at getting by his man and getting into the lane. He can shoot from the outside occasionally and has a decent but not great shot. So their games are almost entirely opposite of one another.

One thing that is also similar to each other is their attitude. MT might have been a basket case off the court but on the court he was all business. He played to win, and never quit. Phillips is the same on the court; even more so. He plays to win and plays hard. He hustles, scraps, fights, he is all business. I really like Phillips attitude and am glad he is playing under Freddy instead of Mac because I think Freddy will allow him to be who he is instead of making him play a system. At least that's what I'm hoping anyway.