My crazy prediction for the season

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Hi all, this is my first post here. I just wanted to see if everyone here thinks I'm as crazy as I think I am. I actual think the Clones have a chance to go 7-5 this year. I was talking to a friend about this the other day and I laid out the season:

Wins:
NDSU- squeaks by a very tough NDSU team
K-State- a bit of an upset but it's at home
Iowa- Homer pick but it seems that every year Iowa is hyped this much we knock them down a peg
Toledo- easy win
Kansas- Kansas sucks
West Virginia- another thriller
TCU- Riding high after becoming bowl eligible and catching them just playing out their season

The road map to 7 wins might not look exactly like that but it is possible. We could lose to Iowa (most likely) and pick up a win against T-Tech.

Am I crazy? Maybe, we will have wait and see. :wacko::goofy:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'll take what you're smoking. I think all of those scenarios are possible, however, I don't think the probability they all happen in a single season is very high.

cydoge

Nov 14, 2013
Ankeny
I'm on your same level of crazy I guess, but I have both Iowa and TTU as wins so 8-4, everyone get on board the hype train!!

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
Does that make you crazy?

Possibly.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
You are not crazy.

ISU WILL kick some SEC @ss in the Liberty Bowl this year.

Final record 8-5 or 7-6

GO CYCLONES!

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
Looking at that gets me excited for tomorrow. I just want to see what our offense can do and how stout our defense is. I think our offense can put up some numbers and really hope our defense can make a few stops. Here is to some crazy optimism before the start tomorrow.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
If one can't have crazy optimism before the season, what can one have?? 7+ wins or bust.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm predicting 5-7. Ceiling is 7-5, disaster is another 3-9.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Ever the optimist, I'm thinking 6-6 and bowling. I think the defense will have a few hiccups early, but really gel as the season goes on. And I think our offense will be able to put points on the board against anyone. Mangino's plays and the veteran offense will have a third of the 3 and outs we had last year. And that'll give our defense time to catch their breath, and have more field to play with.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
All possible wins. I think this season would be as hard as any to start 3-0 though. If CPR can somehow start that well and guys stay healthy, then 7 wins is certainly a possibility.

Ciclone

May 5, 2008
Clive
I like to think of it in groupings:

NDSU
KSU
@ Iowa
2 Dubs

Baylor
@OSU
Toledo
2 Dubs

@UT
OU
@KU
1 Dub

TTU
WVU
@TCU
2 Dubs

Those are still optimistic given our unknowns (I think especially the second grouping), but quite doable.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You do realize you're not playing Nebraska's HOME schedule? :twitcy:

Florida Atlantic, McNeese State, Miami (Fla.), Illinois, Rutgers, Purdue, Minnesota.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Hi all, this is my first post here. I just wanted to see if everyone here thinks I'm as crazy as I think I am. I actual think the Clones have a chance to go 7-5 this year. I was talking to a friend about this the other day and I laid out the season:

Wins:
NDSU- squeaks by a very tough NDSU team
K-State- a bit of an upset but it's at home
Iowa- Homer pick but it seems that every year Iowa is hyped this much we knock them down a peg
Toledo- easy win
Kansas- Kansas sucks
West Virginia- another thriller
TCU- Riding high after becoming bowl eligible and catching them just playing out their season

The road map to 7 wins might not look exactly like that but it is possible. We could lose to Iowa (most likely) and pick up a win against T-Tech.

Am I crazy? Maybe, we will have wait and see. :wacko::goofy:

I think we have a chance in all of these games. I also think we have a chance to take out TTU at home. If we get momentum early and the offense is up to speed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You are not crazy.

ISU WILL kick some SEC @ss in the Liberty Bowl this year.

Final record 8-5 or 7-6

GO CYCLONES!

I'd LOVE to go back to the Liberty. It's not a prestigious bowl, I just had a great time in Memphis. Beale St was a blast.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
If you think 7-5 is crazy, I must be utterly insane. I think that 10-2 is the ceiling (that includes both an upset BU or OU win and an upset loss somewhere), but I'm going to say 9-3. Just so that someone will have said it, before it happens.

I kind of have a feeling, like I did before the OSU game in '11. :yes:

Oh--and if we "only" manage a bowl game? Well, almost everyone should be back in '15. :biggrin:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I stand by my 3-9 prediction after the spring scrimmage until proven wrong. I'd be over the moon with 6-6 and a bowl game win.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I feel like there's only 2 games that are a sure L. :yes:

But I also feel like there's only 1 or 2 that are a sure W :unsure:

So . . . somewhere in between is more likely. And I'm going to wait until I see the f'ing product before any other predictions :biglaugh: