SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
People's....:confused::confused::confused:

Still bitter, I guess. :sad:

Pretty sure you're not the only one.

The place there now, Headliners, which started after Papa's Corner (the business that kicked People's out) failed seems like a good bar. They understand why People's was successful, and they're getting back to that model, which is good.

m1trLG2

Feb 1, 2010
Ames
Just hard to believe that you would be of drinking age in Ames and not know about Welch yet live on campus... this is why the sarcasm. I mean really, there is only really two streets in the whole town with bars. You either go to Welch (younger crowd) or Main (older crowd).

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Just hard to believe that you would be of drinking age in Ames and not know about Welch yet live on campus... this is why the sarcasm. I mean really, there is only really two streets in the whole town with bars. You either go to Welch (younger crowd) or Main (older crowd).

From earlier in this thread:

and i just transferred so i know nothing around here

He just transferred to Iowa State. He wouldn't know the town at all yet.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
RTFT, folks. Seriously.

I'd like to recommend Olde Main Brewery on Wednesday nights. $1 pints of their beers, and a pretty great social scene. Their pub side always has a ton of people sitting around who are very receptive to meeting strangers. The restaurant side is usually either packed with groups of friends, or (rarely) kinda quiet. Stick to the pub, and you'll have a good time. Make sure to try a few different beers, including whatever their seasonal is at the time.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Man, there are a lot of immature ****** on this site - and many of them must not be able to read.