Misc: Nasty Weightlifting Injury

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
When i was in school some football player dropped the bar in his mouth lifting- TWICE! Heard a guy tear both quads at once around that time at a weight lifting competition at Beyer hall. Sounded like beds sheets getting ripped in half. Roids build muscles they don't build connective tissue-

Leidang

Apr 27, 2006
I've torn the inner heads of both my biceps. The first was while diving for a ball in softball, hyperextended by arm and the bicep itself tore. Then just last year when we were moving I tore the other one while lifting a box of books, in that case the muscle separated from the ligament. The first one they tried to repair and it was never right (Put an end to my lifting heavy), the second one I elected not to repair. In both cases it is only the inner head so my arm still works fine and I can even do hammer curls, but if I turn my palm up, my arm is way weaker.

Both hurt like crazy.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I didn't think it looked all that horrific, but of course we don't have all the information. She may have dislocated her elbow. Of course, every sentence of the text accompanying the Fox News video wants you to think it's horrific.