Nate Jenkins enters transfer portal

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Id like to think the answer is obvious. What’s he supposed to do? Show up at a lower level school with his bags and ask if he can have a scholarship?

Maybe, I don’t know what the rules are for a walk-on and dropping down a division. It’s not like the portal has been around for a long time, there were other ways transferring happened before. Since D2 and D3 don’t operate under all of the same rules as D1 I don’t see how the question is as obvious as you are implying it is.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I bet he ends up wherever Prohm lands. You like have good walk ons like Nate, but certainly not vital to success as evidenced by the results this year.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I guess this means that we have to get a (mostly) completely new set of walk-ons for next year?

Not that it concerns me, but I think it sounds like most of them have graduated or are leaving.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I guess this means that we have to get a (mostly) completely new set of walk-ons for next year?

Not that it concerns me, but I think it sounds like most of them have graduated or are leaving.
Just being honest with my opinion, I thought Prohm had an absolutely terrible set of walk ons. I bet there are at least 10 better guys playing in the rec every day. I have no clue how those guys got there. None of them had any chance to be on the floor or to develop enough to ever get there.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Just being honest with my opinion, I thought Prohm had an absolutely terrible set of walk ons. I bet there are at least 10 better guys playing in the rec every day. I have no clue how those guys got there. None of them had any chance to be on the floor or to develop enough to ever get there.

LMAO we've reached the stage of sh!tting on Steve Prohm where we bash on his walk ons.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Haha come on. They are just practice bodies. Jenkins was actually good enough for a couple spot minutes here and there. Probably the best walk on we've had since Jordan Ashton, who was the best one we've had since Bryan Peterson.

Edit: Forgot about Bubu. Ashton best since Bubu who was best since Peterson

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
You have to really want it to be a walk-on. It’s a lot of work for little pay-off, especially when you could be a regular student and go ball at the rec whenever you want to get your fix.

The walk-one didn’t even get good reps in practice. At the practices students were allowed into, the walk-ons wouldn’t participate in most of the drills. They only get to play if they’re short bodies.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014
Haha come on. They are just practice bodies. Jenkins was actually good enough for a couple spot minutes here and there. Probably the best walk on we've had since Jordan Ashton, who was the best one we've had since Bryan Peterson.

Edit: Forgot about Bubu. Ashton best since Bubu who was best since Peterson
Kourtlin Jackson lead Southern Miss in points after transferring from here

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron