National Cyclone Club....+1 member

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Became a States Level member of the National Cyclone Club this week. First time I've had enough expendable income to donate. I gotta say after the last couple years of being out of college and hanging out with several people that do it feels good not to feel like such a mooch.

Gotta say I hope I'm not the only one feeling like it's time to start joining/upping donations if it's in the cards financially. It's hard not to feel like you should with the success and the coaches we have been going on and if we want to maintain that people like me need to start getting off the freeloader wagon.

Improvements since I graduated a few years ago:
-Jack Trice Stadium overhaul
-New Scoreboard
-Paul Rhoads retained with new contract negotiation
-New Football practice facility
-Fred Hoiberg hired
-Johnny's added to Hilton
-Coaches offices moved around with B-Ball and football moving into their new facilities everyone got upgraded
-New Basketball practice facility
-FB new aqua therapy tub thingamabobs.
-Christy Johnson Lynch Contract renegotiation I believe

Big Accomplishments on the field (off the top of my head):
-WBB consistent NCAA tourny appearances
-MBB rated in top 25 and
-MBB 3 seed in Big 12 Tourney
-VB multiple sweet 16 appearances
-VB Rated
-FB First win in Nebby in forever
-FB First win against TX
-FB Bowl appearance number 2 in 3 year span falling 1 throw short out of 3/3
-FB upset of #2 Oklahoma State
-MBB 2 wins over top 10 teams at Hilton
-MBB Coach of the year honors
-MBB one of the best ranked recruiting classes we've had in who knows how long
-WCC Big 12 Championship team
-WCC NCAA Midwest Regional Champions

That's an incredibly short time period for all that to happen at a school with our financial support compared to our peer institutions. Hope I'm not the one taking the leap.

Reactions: Angie

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Me too. I've just been a Gridiron Club member and bought single game tickets for a few games a year. I'm getting on board with season tickets this year too.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I think I'm going to make the jump from States to Gold this year. Only effectively doubling my donation since I'll have the employer match to work with now.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I bumped from Century + 10% last year, to States this year.

Also ordered season tickets for the first time since 1983. I had been getting individual tickets or mini-packs. Since I'm retired now it's not the blow to my weekend productivity/time requirements it was when I was employed.

Go Cyclones!

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Good man :yes:

I'll probably go to the next level next year. Didn't want to double it in one year

MartyMcCy

Sep 6, 2011
The wife and I are thinking about jumping in at the $500 level to get the paved tailgating. Anyone think a 1st time NCC member will get a paved lot with $250?

Jeffreyisu

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The wife and I are thinking about jumping in at the $500 level to get the paved tailgating. Anyone think a 1st time NCC member will get a paved lot with $250?

Very, very low chance. I asked the ticket office that question last year and they said they didn't know if they'd even have any paved spots left for $250 donors. I up'd mine to $500 last year and never looked back.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron