MLB: Nationals and Mets in the 14th

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Just been watching this game... I had to run an errand and little bro came in and got out of the 12th with a double play. I start watching the 13th and he gets Delgado then proceeds to walk two in a row. I turn the game off and he gets the next two outs... Now into the 14th and he is in for the duration it looks as they only have one pitcher left and he's questionable...

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
He's done a good job. That is a tough Mets lineup to pitch to. Hopefully he can get out of this in the 14th

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Right as I write that I see there was a wild pitch for a run. Hopefully he can get out of it only giving up one and they can get one back. Mets pitching has to be thin at this point as well

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Game over. Wild pitch after back to back intentional walks. Thats the second time the Nats have lost after back to back intentional walks, last time they walked a guy in. Young manager but he has to know that its hard to zone in after 8 straight balls.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Shoot! I don't know what I was thinking. I was watching the gamecast on espn and didn't realize that was the bottom of the inning.

What pitch was it that he threw in the dirt? Could the catcher have stopped it? With a runner on third and the game on the line, you would think the catcher would bury everything

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Easley got a hit with one out and got to second on a wild pitch, slider in the dirt that Church swung at and struck out. Good throw would have had Easley easily but it bounced and the SS couldn't handle it. Then, for some reason, they try a pick off play and it hits Easley and he gets to third. They get Wright 0-1, then 2-1 and they decide to IBB him and DelGado with the pitchers spot next. Mets pinch hit Schnieder despite only having one guy in the pen. First pitch slider in the dirt, could have been stopped but not a bad play by missing it.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
If Joel could just lower his walks per game he could be a stud. It is always nice to see a fellow Norwalk alum do well.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Easley got a hit with one out and got to second on a wild pitch, slider in the dirt that Church swung at and struck out. Good throw would have had Easley easily but it bounced and the SS couldn't handle it. Then, for some reason, they try a pick off play and it hits Easley and he gets to third. They get Wright 0-1, then 2-1 and they decide to IBB him and DelGado with the pitchers spot next. Mets pinch hit Schnieder despite only having one guy in the pen. First pitch slider in the dirt, could have been stopped but not a bad play by missing it.

catcher did his best to stop it. Got in front of it and dropped his shoulders but it took a nasty hop with the way the ball was spinning. Too bad... but happy for my mets!

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Does Joel eventually want to be a starter, or do they plan to keep him in the Pen?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron