NBADraft.net has Brackins and WJ becoming teamates again

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
NBADraft.net projects Wesley Johnson as the second pick in the NBA draft going to Minnesota and Brackins the 16th pick also going to the T-Wolves. Probably not much chance of this actually happening but it would be interesting if they somehow ended up on the same NBA roster.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
No way Brackins goes before Johnson. My bad, thought it said second round for Johnson.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
You mean they aren't going to draft 4 guards this year??? It's funny how Wesley Johnson wasn't even in the top 100 of his class two years ago on NBA Draft.net and now he is the top dog...

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
I would completely give up on the Wolves if this actually happened. I can't handle another terrible draft here in Minneapolis...

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I would completely give up on the Wolves if this actually happened. I can't handle another terrible draft here in Minneapolis...

how would that be a terrible draft??
if they are smart they will get a good guard in free agency and this would not be a bad draft for them

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I feel Wes is over-hyped.

Very talented, putting up big numbers, athletic, with a good jumper.

But he's too perfect of a fit in that system NOT to put up the numbers. Syracuse is making him look like much more of a stud than he is, IMO. What position will he play in the NBA? His lateral quickness is still sub-par...I'll probably get blasted for this but I just don't see how the hell he could be a top 5 draft pick. But then again, I'm not scout...

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)

But he's too perfect of a fit in that system NOT to put up the numbers. Syracuse is making him look like much more of a stud than he is, IMO. What position will he play in the NBA? His lateral quickness is still sub-par...I'll probably get blasted for this but I just don't see how the hell he could be a top 5 draft pick. But then again, I'm not scout...

Funny how a change in jersey changes perspectives.

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis

+1

doesn't have anything to do with being bitter about him leaving. He's too slow to play on the wing in the NBA and would get killed in the lane. He's 195 lbs which makes him smaller than most NBA shooting guards. What position is he going to play?

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
+1

doesn't have anything to do with being bitter about him leaving. He's too slow to play on the wing in the NBA and would get killed in the lane. He's 195 lbs which makes him smaller than most NBA shooting guards. What position is he going to play?

This right here. WJ has always had a problem playing physical, and the NBA is a street fight.

He will get eaten alive until he either beefs up or gets quicker. You think WJ could even score against Kobe or Artest?

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
This right here. WJ has always had a problem playing physical, and the NBA is a street fight.

He will get eaten alive until he either beefs up or gets quicker. You think WJ could even score against Kobe or Artest?

+1

Couldn't score on or stop either in the post or on the perimiter. He's soft and so is Brackins. Neither is tough enough to succeed in the league.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Funny how a change in jersey changes perspectives.

Yup.

The NBA is all about scoring and little about defense. Fits WJ's game perfectly.

Regardless of how he will or could do in the NBA, he's one of the nation's best prospects right now. I don't see that being hype, but fact.

And not a single person here would disagree with the "hype" if he were still wearing cardinal and gold.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Wesley Johnson is the perfect wing player for the NBA. Kind of reminds me of a Scottie Pippen type player. WJ can score in a variety of ways. He will have a long NBA career.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Wesley Johnson is going to be feast or famine at the next level. He's either going to be a Kevin Durant caliber player or he's going to be Hakeem Warrick. His defense is suspect and playing in that Cuse system hides that liability. I can't se him being able to guard NBA SF/SG's. Imagine him trying to lock down LeBron or Carmello? lol

Good luck with that. I'm not sure he's physical enough to get shots against those guys, either. No way would I take him in the lottery. Someone will, I wouldn't.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I like how people say Brackins' stock is dropping even though he's still rated the same on draft boards. Is Brackins really worse than he was last year? No. So why would his chances of making the NBA be less? I don't think NBA scouts put too much emphasis on success in college considering Tyler Hansborough wasn't drafted very high and someone like Marvin Williams gets drafted after one year of college despite not even starting. Brackins wont be guarded in the NBA like he is now.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Yup.

The NBA is all about scoring and little about defense. Fits WJ's game perfectly.

Regardless of how he will or could do in the NBA, he's one of the nation's best prospects right now. I don't see that being hype, but fact.

And not a single person here would disagree with the "hype" if he were still wearing cardinal and gold.
I used to think this, bu the more NBA I watch, the more I realize how false it is....those guys are almost all good, physical defenders with the exception of a small number (Eddie House, etc.) Will WJ be a tremendous offensive player in the NBA? Yes. Will he get eaten alive on D? Certainly.