NBADraft.net has Brackins and WJ becoming teamates again

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Wesley Johnson is going to be feast or famine at the next level. He's either going to be a Kevin Durant caliber player or he's going to be Hakeem Warrick. His defense is suspect and playing in that Cuse system hides that liability. I can't se him being able to guard NBA SF/SG's. Imagine him trying to lock down LeBron or Carmello? lol

Good luck with that. I'm not sure he's physical enough to get shots against those guys, either. No way would I take him in the lottery. Someone will, I wouldn't.

Wow. Hakim Warrick is you definition of "famine"?

Warrick is a 5th year pro who has averaged 20 minutes, 10 points and 5 boards per game as a pro.

That isn't an allstar, but it's not like he's dropped out of the league either. And Warrick is much more of an undersized post player than a wing, he doesn't have 3-point range and WJ does.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
As a Wolves fan I don't want either Johnson or Brackins. If we don't win the lottery and draft Wall, I want either Turner or Favors with our top pick and Cousins or Pittman with our mid-rounder.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Wesley Johnson is going to be feast or famine at the next level. He's either going to be a Kevin Durant caliber player or he's going to be Hakeem Warrick. His defense is suspect and playing in that Cuse system hides that liability. I can't se him being able to guard NBA SF/SG's. Imagine him trying to lock down LeBron or Carmello? lol

Good luck with that. I'm not sure he's physical enough to get shots against those guys, either. No way would I take him in the lottery. Someone will, I wouldn't.

Has anyone in the NBA consistently "locked down" Lebron or 'Melo?

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Yup.

The NBA is all about scoring and little about defense. Fits WJ's game perfectly.

Regardless of how he will or could do in the NBA, he's one of the nation's best prospects right now. I don't see that being hype, but fact.

And not a single person here would disagree with the "hype" if he were still wearing cardinal and gold.
This might be true during some of the regular season games but big games and the playoffs especially there is a lot of defense being played in the NBA.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
This might be true during some of the regular season games but big games and the playoffs especially there is a lot of defense being played in the NBA.

That is the truth. WJ will not be able to create his own shot on the next level until he gets stronger, and will always have problems on defense at either the 2 or the 3. NBA is pretty much all man, and if you are the weak link, most teams have a backcourt playmaker that will expose you.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Ok just watched a youtube vid that was linked on his facebook. He's even more athletic than I remember...

What a punk for leaving us (said purely out of spite and jealousy)

The way things went down were crappy from his side and I'll always have a slight disrespect towards him for that, especially since he continues to refuse to take any blame for any of it. He and his handlers were NOT all squeaky clean but the national media would never believe it based on the darling he's made himself out to be.

I wish no ill will towards him personally but would not be bumbed out if his mental toughness (or lack thereof that he showed during his departure from here) brings him down a peg or two.

And I still don't think he'll make out to be an NBA star, and to me, that's what a top 3 pick should be.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
You mean they aren't going to draft 4 guards this year??? It's funny how Wesley Johnson wasn't even in the top 100 of his class two years ago on NBA Draft.net and now he is the top dog...

He is getting some good exposure.

akellar

Nov 28, 2008
Stuart, IA
By the way, NBADraft.net is generally known to be very inaccurate. Most other drafts sites have Brackins in the second round now.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
let him play defense man to man in the NBA and see how much playing time he gets.....3's will take him to the hole all day. 4's will post him up....good luck WJ youre not gonna see the floor much IMO

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
let him play defense man to man in the NBA and see how much playing time he gets.....3's will take him to the hole all day. 4's will post him up....good luck WJ youre not gonna see the floor much IMO
sour-grapes.jpg

Kitkat

Apr 10, 2009

He will be a three, and he is big enough for that. Look at people like Korver or the former KU guy, Rush; they aren't real tall or strong and that hasn't stopped them from playing in the NBA. Now whether or not Wesley will be a star is another question.

Help Support Us

Become a patron