NCAA BASKETBALL CORRUPTION SCHEME

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Tony Bland- associate head coach at USC also coached under Steve Fisher at SDSU
One of Bland’s many talents is that of being an elite recruiter and the Trojans have brought in top 20 classes nationally since his arrival, including landing among others Chimezie Metu, Jordan McLaughlin, Elijah Stewart and Bennie Boatwright which helped form the core of the Trojans’ resurgence.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Question is, what trouble will the schools and head coaches get into. What did the head coaches know? Are there current players on these teams that were involved? There is going to be a lot more coming out about this I presume.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I saw someone hint too that it might be tied to shoe companies trying to steer players a certain way and that an exec from Adidas might be in trouble. Okie State doesn't surprise me because there is no way they should get the interest they do from some players. Arizona has really increased their recruiting profile the last couple of years so that doesn't surprise me either. And Auburn, well that isn't shocking either. But that is huge news, especially that it is federal corruption charges. Holy moly. Maybe there was a reason Underwood got the hell out of OSU

If this is tied to recruiting, then it does matter but if this is something where guys already going to a particular school are being steered certain directions for their post-NCAA life, I just don't really see it as a big deal from a competition standpoint and honestly, I don't really care about it.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
If this is tied to recruiting, then it does matter but if this is something where guys already going to a particular school are being steered certain directions for their post-NCAA life, I just don't really see it as a big deal from a competition standpoint and honestly, I don't really care about it.

This a big deal. From many different angles.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Question is, what trouble will the schools and head coaches get into. What did the head coaches know? Are there current players on these teams that were involved? There is going to be a lot more coming out about this I presume.

I think as a head coach you'd have to be pretty dumb to have any direct ties with any of this. They don't need to be directly involved, just need to play dumb and protect the people doing it.

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
This WILL have repercussions. This isn't going to be a "sit out a few games" "sit out of post season one year" etc. thing.

Reactions: Cyclonic1

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Well, Brian Bowen isn't playing this year. Everyone wondered why he chose Louisville seemingly out of nowhere after MIchigan State being the leader for a long time.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
There was a player that was very high on ISU until Louisville got involved-- what was his name? Jalen Johnson?