NCAA Final 4 Volleyball

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I was watching with the sound off but definitely looked like that didn't get tipped, but I also wasn't watching too close. Glad Wisconsin won in spite. I was only able to watch the 5th set but wow that was great volleyball

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I was watching with the sound off but definitely looked like that didn't get tipped, but I also wasn't watching too close. Glad Wisconsin won in spite. I was only able to watch the 5th set but wow that was great volleyball
Two terrific matches that Wisky played in and won this weekend. Deserving national champs and that was a helluva environment in Columbus with the record +18K attendence.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Big Ten proves again that they are the center of women's volleyball: top three seeds of Louisville, Texas and Pitt could not get past lower-seeded Wisconsin and Nebraska.

Reactions: brett108

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Glad the Badger pulled it out. Rarely doee the fairytale come true in this case it did. No guarantee but Nebraska has as good of chance as anyone to get back I mean Sun can’t get a game and recruits are #1

VOLLEYMH

Dec 12, 2021
Wisconsin was hands down the better team. Nebraska played pretty poorly yesterday. Other than Caffey and Knuckles I really don't think anyone on Nebraska's side played very well. Kubick did more harm than good for them yesterday and the two freshman pins struggled alot I think Cook actually did a poor job coaching them yesterday tbh which is saying something because he is a phenomenal coach.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Wisconsin was hands down the better team. Nebraska played pretty poorly yesterday. Other than Caffey and Knuckles I really don't think anyone on Nebraska's side played very well. Kubick did more harm than good for them yesterday and the two freshman pins struggled alot I think Cook actually did a poor job coaching them yesterday tbh which is saying something because he is a phenomenal coach.
Nebraska played poorly and Wisky hands down the better team? That is interesting given the match went 5 sets to 15-12. I agree that Wisky is the best team but NU pushed them to the brink and played well to do so.

Last edited:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Nebraska played poorly and Wisky hands down the better team? That is interesting given the match went 5 sets to 15-12. I agree that Wisky is the best team but NU pushed them to the brink and played well to do so.
Yes Nebraska could have won. I would bet on Wisky if they payed again tomorrow, as they own the Huskers, but Nebraska is the epitome of a team playing their best when it counts - the NCAA tournament. They played tremendous in getting to the title game.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wisconsin coming out in the 5th set again like that was astonishing.

That takes a lot to turn it to 11 like that.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Given everyone that is in the portal (who isn't?) Texas losing a couple but they have top 5 class coming in. Crawford KU is in the portal along with an OH and KSU losing an outside not Carter. This next year is going to see a lot of consolidation of talent at the big schools like MN Texas WI while Baylor and Nebraska load up with top classes of FR. Nebraska returns the 3 Freshman and Kubik. Stivrins will be a miss but what a base!

• Informative
Reactions: Tornado man

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Given everyone that is in the portal (who isn't?) Texas losing a couple but they have top 5 class coming in. Crawford KU is in the portal along with an OH and KSU losing an outside not Carter. This next year is going to see a lot of consolidation of talent at the big schools like MN Texas WI while Baylor and Nebraska load up with top classes of FR. Nebraska returns the 3 Freshman and Kubik. Stivrins will be a miss but what a base!
Crawford was poached by Wisconsin. Big loss for KU.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfan1965

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Elise McGhie KU setter - No idea why Crawford would go to WI with Smrek Hart coming back. Wohlert at 6' 7" doesn't play but embarrassment of riches at MB for the Badger. Robinson is listed as MB/RS too.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Skylar Fields to Nebraska? I mean come on really? Just create a super league with Nebraska WI Texas and a couple others.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011

If I remember correctly, Hames is the only setter in Nebraska's storied history to start as a true freshman. It's saying something about Orr's talent if Hames is coming back and not setting.