***NCAA First Round: (7) Iowa State vs. (10) Maryland [Fri., 6:30 CT]***

jspeels

May 14, 2022
That time is truly not ideal for us on the East coast! 10 pm tip on a Sunday! Will be a bit tired on Monday morning if I make it through!!

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Nice. Real coverage from a prominent newspaper, one of a handful that hasn't turned into USA Todays. They don't delve into sports in depth (when they do it's usually regional) but when they do a column it's usually very good.
Quite the amazing story, I have a history with Algona. Makes me want to move back to Iowa, this and the men's team.

Reactions: NWICY

CaliCyfan

Nov 24, 2019
Haven't read all the comments but live close enough to get to this game, first time watching lady Cyclones live. Took my daughter, what a show we got. IMO, there were a lot of Cyclone fans, I was surprised. Most, like me, live in the area and were super excited for this draw. We were scattered throughout the arena so it didn't sound loud but in my upper deck section and nearby, it was all Cyclone fans and some Stanford that arrived early for their game. No one was cheering for Maryland. It was unreal how Maryland couldn't miss the first half, I kept telling my daughter, just wait, they can't keep this up. 86% from three? Just so thankful, we made it to the game and saw Audi, Emily and co. The Maryland band was loud and obnoxious but somebody had to make some noise for their team. Also, the turtle and Cy having a dance off was a huge highlight, Terrapin for the win on that one.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Audi played 34 minutes. Before the season, no one could have imagined that she'd have an historic performance in the NCAA Tournament playing 34 minutes.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I see all these tweets about the hok women’s game. It says “CC and Iowa leading” “CC and Iowa trailing”. What’s going to happen next year when the CC withdrawal kicks in and Iowa won’t be mentioned that much.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
]

Also I think Tyrese stopped by the game yesterday (the Pacers played Golden State yesterday). I don't know that a school has ever had a person who only played 1.5 seasons, be such an advocate.

FYI - Think that was Will Fennelly at the Pacers / Warriors game - the way the game times were no way TH could get to the ISU game.

Reactions: jsb

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
CC’s career high is 49 points. Audi’s is 40. Audi went 18-20 to get 40. CC shot the ball 31 times to get 49. Audi Crooks > CC
she had to score 49 to break the record that was set earlier by her teammate. can't have anybody's name above her on the record board.

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I see all these tweets about the hok women’s game. It says “CC and Iowa leading” “CC and Iowa trailing”. What’s going to happen next year when the CC withdrawal kicks in and Iowa won’t be mentioned that much.
Their games will be attended like mens games again.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
..….Also, will the Bill hate ever stop? Whats he gotta do? How many times does he have to prove, after 20 some years, thats he actually a good coach? Get a grip.….
Agree. I was happy to hear a national championship caliber coach like Brenda Frese say postgame that Bill is one of ”the best Xs and O” guys in the game.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Agree. I was happy to hear a national championship caliber coach like Brenda Frese say postgame that Bill is one of ”the best Xs and O” guys in the game.
Is this really the right time? Can’t we all just enjoy the improbable comeback win last night and look forward to the matchup tomorrow with a “model” perennial top 10 program. There’ll be plenty of time in the offseason to discuss CBF’s bona fides.

Go State - take down those trees and dance to the FarmersOnly.com jingle at half court!

• Haha
Reactions: Marcelason78

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
she had to score 49 to break the record that was set earlier by her teammate. can't have anybody's name above her on the record board.

Megan Gustafson with 48 points was actually the single game scoring leader for Iowa which seemed to get lost in the translation. Stuekle had the Carver Arena record.

Reactions: undersized_post