NCAA Tournament “realistic” Predictions

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Alright who’s winning it all? Who are the “dark horse” teams? Who is Cinderella? Gun to head pick eight teams to win first two rounds?

And to make it an Iowa State B-Ball Thread, who is a coaching candidate for us in said tournament?

P.S.

It’s probably been years since I started a thread. And I mean years(The Rock voice).

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I put UConn in my final 4. They have good guards; that said they'll probably lose their first game.

I also threw a few bucks on Georgetown to win it all; they're hot right now so I figured why not.

Reactions: MattCampbell

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
My Cinderella is UC Santa Barbara to make the Sweet 16.

Win it all? I have to go with Gonzaga. I think they come out strong after having a scare against BYU.

Gun to head eight teams to win first round games... all the 1s and 2s because I like to live.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Not sure they're technically a dark horse per se but I like Arkansas and put a unit on them to win it all. Do I think they will? Probably not. But the odds were great.

Reactions: dahliaclone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
I think only three teams really have what it takes to win it all baring major upsets. Zags. Illini. Baylor. And I’m a bit iffy on Baylor as of late. I can see them losing to UNC.

I’m solo here but I think the seniority and slow pace and high fg percentage gets Liberty over Okie State. OSU reminds me of us against UAB honestly. Everyone saying how good they are and how well they’re playing and they are. But this is the same team that lost to TCU. Twice. All it takes is Cunningham having a so so game and the are in big trouble. It will bust my bracket I’m sure but that’s my upset no one else seems to be going with.

I watched Florida state a few times and a month ago said they’re my dark horse so sticking with that. And call me crazy but I think Oregon makes the Elite 8 if they can beat VCU and Iowa.

Part of me wants to pick UConn over Alabama.

I’m not gonna pick it but I think Illinois vs Loyola will be an OT type game.

I also think Arkansas and LSU are underrated

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Dark horse winner: Alabama (2 seed but I don’t think many are picking them)

Sweet 16 Cinderellas: UCSB & Ohio (and would play each other

8 Gun to Head picks to win R1:

All the 1s & 2s

ISU Potential coaches to watch: USU, CSU, Tang @ Baylor

Reactions: dahliaclone